Regular Members can delete their messages, even if disabled in permissions

Started by Dwev, March 10, 2018, 03:57:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dwev

Finally some time to try GigaWatt's suggestions, but checked first how things were right now.

And it turns out that it isn't possible to delete messages anymore for Regular Members, guess there still was some caching active (though I did empty all caches).

Maybe this is what GigaWatt's trick does?
It forces new settings to be accepted right away all over the database?

Either way, I'm happy, older threads can't suddenly become unreadable because some (disgruntled) member deletes all of their contributions.

Aleksi "Lex" Kilpinen

Nice :) Does sound like a cache playing tricks on you at some point of the process, but the main thing is it's all working correctly now.
Slava
Ukraini!
"Before you allow people access to your forum, especially in an administrative position, you must be aware that that person can seriously damage your forum. Therefore, you should only allow people that you trust, implicitly, to have such access." -Douglas

How you can help SMF

GigaWatt

Quote from: Dwev on March 16, 2018, 04:50:19 AM
Maybe this is what GigaWatt's trick does?
It forces new settings to be accepted right away all over the database?

Maybe, I have no idea... but since I was messing mostly with the settings in the Themes section, I though that did the trick ;).

Anyway, glad to hear you got the problem sorted ;).
"This is really a generic concept about human thinking - when faced with large tasks we're naturally inclined to try to break them down into a bunch of smaller tasks that together make up the whole."

"A 500 error loosely translates to the webserver saying, "WTF?"..."

Advertisement: