Connection Problems

Started by NTFoundation, March 14, 2018, 09:46:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

NTFoundation

Hello

I run a charity forum and all of a sudden I have got this message on the website:
"Sorry, SMF was unable to connect to the database. This may be caused by the server being busy. Please try again later."

Can anyone help with what's going on?

Thanks

D

Doug Heffernan

Quote from: NTFoundation on March 14, 2018, 09:46:28 AM
Hello

I run a charity forum and all of a sudden I have got this message on the website:
"Sorry, SMF was unable to connect to the database. This may be caused by the server being busy. Please try again later."

Can anyone help with what's going on?

Thanks

D

It could be due to either of these 2 things. 1) The database details are not right. In this case double check them and make sure that you have the correct info entered in the Settings.php file.

2) The problem lies with your host. It might be a permission issue, or they are doing some maintanace work on their server.

Kindred

this is, almost invariably, due to a poor host setup....  possibly an overseller issue
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

Advertisement: