News:

Want to get involved in developing SMF, then why not lend a hand on our github!

Main Menu

2.0.15 deleted member remains in database

Started by Dan_, March 14, 2018, 04:05:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dan_

A member wanted to change his email address, but he had already registered using it under a different user name that he never used. 

I deleted it but smf gave the error similar to "cannot update profile the email address is being used by another member".

I searched the member list and the deleted membership did not show, so I had to manually edit the database to get rid of it and clear the error.

GigaWatt

Maybe a misconfigured entry in the database ???. Can you try and replicate the situation, see if it happens again?
"This is really a generic concept about human thinking - when faced with large tasks we're naturally inclined to try to break them down into a bunch of smaller tasks that together make up the whole."

"A 500 error loosely translates to the webserver saying, "WTF?"..."

Sir Osis of Liver

Works fine for me in 2.0.15.  How did you delete the account?
Ashes and diamonds, foe and friend,
 we were all equal in the end.

- R. Waters

Dan_

I deleted the account by searching for it from the admin/members menu, then under account settings/delete this account... 

You get a warning and have to verify your intention, and the account could not be found in the member list after that.

I will see if I can duplicate the problem.

P.S.
The notification button is not working on this topic...  I just checked and am sure I hit the notify button because only the un-notify button is offered now.

P.P.S.
Firefox Quantum 58.0.2 is the browser and when I went to check that number it is offering an update hope that fixes the notifications.

Thanks

Dan_

I could not get it to repeat the error...  Must be operator malfunction...

Thanks for the replies... :o

Advertisement: