News:

Join the Facebook Fan Page.

Main Menu

Missing Attachments

Started by camman502, March 16, 2018, 04:12:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

camman502

Hi there!

I recently updated my forums and it's missing some important photos that were stored on the forums.

I tried to open it in photoshop and I get the error "Could not complete your request because a SOFn, DQT, or DHT JPEG marker is missing before a JPEG SOS marker."

If any of yall have encountered this and found a fix that would be wonderful, thanks!

Illori

how did you update your forum?

Kindred

and how did you put the file on your local drive to load it in photoshop?
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

camman502

camman502

Quote from: Illori on March 16, 2018, 04:13:15 PM

Uploading all the files then going to update.php

Sir Osis of Liver

Link to a post missing attachment?
Ashes and diamonds, foe and friend,
 we were all equal in the end.

- R. Waters

Illori

Quote from: camman502 on March 16, 2018, 06:51:03 PM
Quote from: Illori on March 16, 2018, 04:13:15 PM

Uploading all the files then going to update.php

there is no update.php, there is only upgrade.php. was this what you ran?

camman502

Yeah, sorry for late reply.

Here's a link to my site which i am encountering these issues on:

http://www.texashotboats.com/forums/index.php?topic=18056.0

The attachments are completely missing.

Chen Zhen

This sounds like you copied the attachment files in ASCII which corrupted all the images and likely some other files.
SMF 2.0.X branch attachment files are void of the file extension which can cause FTP platforms to transfer files in ASCII if set to AUTO.
Images need to be transferred as binary else they will be corrupt and rendered useless.
read this decent ref.
http://www.jscape.com/blog/ftp-binary-and-ascii-transfer-types-and-the-case-of-corrupt-files

Next time you copy your attachments folder you can usually lock the FTP transfer setting to binary.
Beware of Filezilla resetting that setting to "Auto" on related program updates as this happened to me & caused a lot of trouble because I didn't double check.
Needless to say I no longer use FilleZilla.

My SMF Mods & Plug-Ins

WebDev

"Either you repeat the same conventional doctrines everybody is saying, or else you say something true, and it will sound like it's from Neptune." - Noam Chomsky

Sir Osis of Liver

^ This.  The files aren't missing, they're corrupt.  D/l'd a couple, won't open in image editor.  Do you have a backup of /attachments?
Ashes and diamonds, foe and friend,
 we were all equal in the end.

- R. Waters

camman502

Quote from: Sir Osis of Liver on March 28, 2018, 09:50:25 PM
^ This.  The files aren't missing, they're corrupt.  D/l'd a couple, won't open in image editor.  Do you have a backup of /attachments?

I'm looking now.. Hopefully, I didn't realize that this was the case / how the attachments where stored..

a10

About ftp transfers, filesize always\clearly shows when\if something has gone wrong\incorrect settings, see example attachment.
2.0.19, php 8.0.23, MariaDB 10.5.15. Mods: Contact Page, Like Posts, Responsive Curve, Search Focus Dropdown, Add Join Date to Post.

Advertisement: