Dragging the preview of an image after clicking and zooming

Started by GigaWatt, March 17, 2018, 12:54:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

GigaWatt

I've noticed that SMF 2.0.x has this nice feature :), if your forum has a max width of an image in a post set to some value, the cursor turns into a hand and you can click on the image and it zooms into full view (1x zoom). A really helpful feature ;). But, I was wondering if it has a feature to drag the image in that view space like in an image viewing application... click and hold on the image with the hand (cursor) and go to the upper right corner, lower left corner, etc.
"This is really a generic concept about human thinking - when faced with large tasks we're naturally inclined to try to break them down into a bunch of smaller tasks that together make up the whole."

"A 500 error loosely translates to the webserver saying, "WTF?"..."

Sir Osis of Liver

Ashes and diamonds, foe and friend,
 we were all equal in the end.

- R. Waters

GigaWatt

Bummer :S... I shouldn't be getting my hopes up for a mod like this, right?
"This is really a generic concept about human thinking - when faced with large tasks we're naturally inclined to try to break them down into a bunch of smaller tasks that together make up the whole."

Sir Osis of Liver

Ashes and diamonds, foe and friend,
 we were all equal in the end.

- R. Waters

Aleksi "Lex" Kilpinen

There are mods already that change the way images are shown, perhaps take a look at them and if you don't find a suitable one, post a mod request?

A couple of examples:
APImage
Highslide BBCode and Image Viewer
jQLightbox
nCode Image Resizer
Slava
Ukraini!
"Before you allow people access to your forum, especially in an administrative position, you must be aware that that person can seriously damage your forum. Therefore, you should only allow people that you trust, implicitly, to have such access." -Douglas

How you can help SMF

GigaWatt

Actually, I already browsed through those mods... none of them actually did something like this. Almost all of them are pretty complicated and add functionality that I don't really need. I just need a simple "drag to view the zoomed image with the cursor" mod so I don't have to do it with the scroll bars.

I'll keep looking though. If I don't find something that does what I described, I guess I'll post a mod request.

Thanks for the effort though ;).

Aleksi "Lex" Kilpinen

Alright, let us know how you proceed - and if we can mark this topic solved. :)
Slava
Ukraini!
"Before you allow people access to your forum, especially in an administrative position, you must be aware that that person can seriously damage your forum. Therefore, you should only allow people that you trust, implicitly, to have such access." -Douglas

How you can help SMF

GigaWatt

I've posted a request in the mods section. I'll mark this topic as solved ;).

Advertisement: