News:

Bored?  Looking to kill some time?  Want to chat with other SMF users?  Join us in IRC chat or Discord

Main Menu

No modification settings?

Started by piginzen, March 17, 2018, 06:50:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

piginzen

I completely rebuilt my forum over the past couple of days by dumping the db, reinstalling SMF and importing the DB. Yes, I changed the settings and everything appears to be working (mostly) except for installing mods. I've installed two modifications - SMF Packs Auto Media Embedder and Yet Another Spoiler Mod. Both installed but for SMF Packs the Admin > Modifications section won't display the settings for that mod and for YASM no text is displayed.

Upon attempting to uninstall YASM it threw errors. I haven't uninstalled it. Check out the screenshots below. Advice is seriously welcome.

I rebuilt the forum since there were so many out-of-date mods and forum updates were unable to be done. I was also unable to remove mods. This community has been running for years and I hate to take it offline for extended periods.

GigaWatt

How about uploading a fresh set of files. It might help ;).
"This is really a generic concept about human thinking - when faced with large tasks we're naturally inclined to try to break them down into a bunch of smaller tasks that together make up the whole."

"A 500 error loosely translates to the webserver saying, "WTF?"..."

Aleksi "Lex" Kilpinen

Those look like missing language strings, so could probably be easily fixed - but still,
I might also recommend starting over once more with fresh files, and removing any hooks left over in your database.
https://wiki.simplemachines.org/smf/How_to_upload_a_fresh_set_of_files

Then if you want, you can start installing new mods one at a time, and always check their functionality before moving on to the next one.

Slava
Ukraini!
"Before you allow people access to your forum, especially in an administrative position, you must be aware that that person can seriously damage your forum. Therefore, you should only allow people that you trust, implicitly, to have such access." -Douglas

How you can help SMF

piginzen

OK obviously I did something wrong since this is what I thought I was doing when I rebuilt the forum. Thanks for the advice and the link. I'm going back to work...

Illori

if you did not remove the hooks with repair_settings.php or fix_packages.php you did not really clean up your install.

piginzen

I'm not sure if it was the hooks or if it was a permission issue. I fixed both and now everything's A-OK.

Thank you all for you input, much appreciated.

Advertisement: