News:

Want to get involved in developing SMF, then why not lend a hand on our github!

Main Menu

Unable to access the forum

Started by Decent_946, March 18, 2018, 02:53:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Decent_946

Hello Community,

Recently i restored a backup of an old forum ( 2k13's ). Its version is 2.0.4. After successfull restoration, I am unable to login to the forum. I tried every possible solution from online manual - creating/setting/changing new admin account/password and so on.. - but no any way is working.

The only problem is, Each and every page there shows login page. home page, register page, help page, Each page just shows warning, only registered members are allowed to view. And, I am unable to login.

forum url: http://moontests.website.tk/index.php?

Thankx to RebellioN

Aleksi "Lex" Kilpinen

Use repair_settings to turn off the maintenance mode, and try again.
If that doesn't help, try to register a new user account, and make that account admin through the database.

What is repair_settings.php?
https://wiki.simplemachines.org/smf/Administration_-_I_accidentally_lost_my_admin_account!_What_can_I_do
Slava
Ukraini!

"Before you allow people access to your forum, especially in an administrative position, you must be aware that that person can seriously damage your forum. Therefore, you should only allow people that you trust, implicitly, to have such access." -Douglas

How you can help SMF

Decent_946

Quote from: Aleksi "Lex" Kilpinen on March 18, 2018, 03:12:40 AM
Use repair_settings to turn off the maintenance mode, and try again.
If that doesn't help, try to register a new user account, and make that account admin through the database.

What is repair_settings.php?
https://wiki.simplemachines.org/smf/Administration_-_I_accidentally_lost_my_admin_account!_What_can_I_do
As i mentioned in my 1st post earilier, I tried that both. I've already turned Maintenance mode off via repair_settings.php and have already tried registering new acount via phpmyadmin as i am unable to view register page in forum. Gave it admin rights via the execution of query. Still, when i login, it redirects me back to the same page. Nothing helps..

and, thanks for the support! :)
Thankx to RebellioN

Aleksi "Lex" Kilpinen

Oh - my bad, I didn't think that through. Sorry.

It's not maintenance mode that is blocking you. Nor is it apparent that it's the setting for allowing guest viewing either,
your "register" link should work then - or give a warning that registrations are disabled.

Do you have access to the forum through IP or another address than that .tk domain?
Slava
Ukraini!

"Before you allow people access to your forum, especially in an administrative position, you must be aware that that person can seriously damage your forum. Therefore, you should only allow people that you trust, implicitly, to have such access." -Douglas

How you can help SMF

Decent_946

Quote from: Aleksi "Lex" Kilpinen on March 18, 2018, 03:41:20 AM
Oh - my bad, I didn't think that through. Sorry.

It's not maintenance mode that is blocking you. Nor is it apparent that it's the setting for allowing guest viewing either,
your "register" link should work then - or give a warning that registrations are disabled.

Do you have access to the forum through IP or another address than that .tk domain?
Not really..

Each page just shows the same thing. you may try yourselves. I'll provide you admin acc if needed.

Can it be permissions issue  ? Is there any possible way to set permissions to default via cpanel/ phpmyadmin ?
Thankx to RebellioN

Aleksi "Lex" Kilpinen

The reason I asked is that it seems to me like something is redirecting all requests, and I wouldn't count out .tk being the cause.

The action=register link should work - If you had registrations enabled, it should take you to the registration page, and if your registrations were disabled, it should show an error saying "An Error Has Occurred! Sorry, registration is currently disabled." Currently it's just redirecting back to the login page.
Slava
Ukraini!

How you can help SMF

Decent_946

Quote from: Aleksi "Lex" Kilpinen on March 18, 2018, 04:03:52 AM
The reason I asked is that it seems to me like something is redirecting all requests, and I wouldn't count out .tk being the cause.

The action=register link should work - If you had registrations enabled, it should take you to the registration page, and if your registrations were disabled, it should show an error saying "An Error Has Occurred! Sorry, registration is currently disabled." Currently it's just redirecting back to the login page.
everything is infront of you. What should I do in this case ? Which can make it to show proper file instead of redirecting back to same page.
Thankx to RebellioN

Aleksi "Lex" Kilpinen

Perhaps try this https://wiki.simplemachines.org/smf/How_to_upload_a_fresh_set_of_files

It will remove all custom code, and also make it easy to get you up to date at the same time.
Slava
Ukraini!

How you can help SMF

Decent_946

Quote from: Aleksi "Lex" Kilpinen on March 18, 2018, 04:10:37 AM
Perhaps try this https://wiki.simplemachines.org/smf/How_to_upload_a_fresh_set_of_files

It will remove all custom code, and also make it easy to get you up to date at the same time.
I need the old backup. It is important. But, I think there is no any other possible way.. Trying this one.

Thankx to RebellioN

showngo

Have you tried accessing your members file on the Database in a PHP editor.    You can see registered members and what access level they are (I think 1 is Admin)   It will not give a password though if it was changed .  but will at least indicate if you or anyone else is still a member listed.

Aleksi "Lex" Kilpinen

Quote from: showngo on March 18, 2018, 05:24:21 AM
Have you tried accessing your members file on the Database in a PHP editor.    You can see registered members and what access level they are (I think 1 is Admin)   It will not give a password though if it was changed .  but will at least indicate if you or anyone else is still a member listed.
The problem is not in the database, at least it's not apparent that it would be - the problem is that the forum does not allow any actions whatsoever at the moment, but instead redirects back to the login page.
Slava
Ukraini!

How you can help SMF

Decent_946

Thats what I was scared of. The problem be in database. Even after installing a fresh set of files, problem remains same.

The new account while installing was created successfully. Now i can see the forum's home page. But still the same issue persists. Every page shows the only home page now. Admin page, members page or even if I click a board, link shows that i have been redirected to the board but the view stays same of home page. :/

find the attachement below. Check the link and the page view.

EDIT:

Can it be the host problem ?
Thankx to RebellioN

Aleksi "Lex" Kilpinen

Still I'm saying, not a DB problem - I'd wager the website.tk redirect could be the problem, but could be a host issue as well.
Slava
Ukraini!

How you can help SMF

Illori

check your files, in the main SMF folder, is there a .htaccess file? if so please rename it to something else and see if that helps any.

Decent_946

Quote from: Illori on March 18, 2018, 06:00:56 AM
check your files, in the main SMF folder, is there a .htaccess file? if so please rename it to something else and see if that helps any.
there isn't.

Quote from: Aleksi "Lex" Kilpinen on March 18, 2018, 05:58:12 AM
Still I'm saying, not a DB problem - I'd wager the website.tk redirect could be the problem, but could be a host issue as well.
let me change to something else than.
Thankx to RebellioN

Decent_946

Everything is fine after i shifted it to the new and premium host. Indeed it was host problem. I had taken that subdomain from freedomainclub.org host just for testing purpose. But seems like .website.tk domain is bugged at all. While i am using its .pk.tn domain for testing purpose for likely more than a year. Which works fine.

Marking the topic as resolved.
Thankx to RebellioN

Advertisement: