Attachment folder "modification date"

Started by showngo, March 18, 2018, 05:35:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

showngo

Im running SMF 2.0.15

When looking at the attachment folders on the server.  There is "date modified".

When you create a new folder and have that selected in the attachments section of SFM, is that last older folder set from changes other than an attachment being deleted?

I see current dates of "modified" on older folders and I know if a new attachment is added, that new assigned number goes to the latest folder selected.

Sir Osis of Liver

Date modified of /attachments updates every time an attachment is added.
Ashes and diamonds, foe and friend,
 we were all equal in the end.

- R. Waters

Illori

Quote from: Sir Osis of Liver on March 18, 2018, 05:23:26 PM

or avatar as they are stored in the same location in SMF 2.0. unless you define another custom one for avatars.

showngo

Quote from: Sir Osis of Liver on March 18, 2018, 05:23:26 PM

Okay,  I though any new attachments would go to the latest folder vs the old ones.

Sir Osis of Liver

If you have multiple attachment directories, all new attachments go into the directory selected as current, the others shouldn't change.

- R. Waters

Illori

does that apply for avatars as well? i know they are stored in the attachments folder. i dont know if they are stored in the main one or in the one currently set as default.

Sir Osis of Liver

You can select an upload directory for avatars, but I believe it defaults to current attachments directory.  Nothing should go into other attachment dirs.

- R. Waters

showngo

Quote from: Sir Osis of Liver on March 20, 2018, 03:59:22 PM
If you have multiple attachment directories, all new attachments go into the directory selected as current, the others shouldn't change.

I have 14 attachment folders , The last one is selected current but the others do get dates of change on the file manager side from the server.

Pictures say a thousand words.

showngo

With backup space being a resource, that is why I am wondering if it is a data string change or something that actually need to be Re-backed up. 

Illori

if you look in the folder, sort by modified date, do you any recently modified files?

showngo

Okay,  I check the files for "date"  the newest dates , post moving to a new folder, are just files (same name as the attachments) that have a size of 0kb.  There is nothing there,  all the real attachments are only to the date that I closed that folder and moved to the next one. 
Im taking it I am good with the Zipped backups that I have.

TIP...    As you can see I would rather have more smaller folders than a few big ones.   It makes Zipping, backing up, restoring, way easier than the large ones.

Sir Osis of Liver

The stats in those two screen shots are completely different.

- R. Waters

showngo

One is from SMF  multiple attachents section, the other is the actual attachment folders on the server.  Screen shots within 1 minute of each other.

Advertisement: