2.0.15 to 2.1 Beta 4

Started by Apllicmz, March 18, 2018, 04:02:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Apllicmz

Hi i try to upgrade with beta 3 see that error
with beta 4 i see erro 500

Updating Your SMF Installation!

The directory: /home/smf2/public_html/avs has to be writable to continue the upgrade. Please make sure permissions are correctly set to allow this.
Click here to try again.

Kindred

500 errors are server side errors. Please include the actual error from your server's errorlog.

However, the other error suggests that you have a permissions problem.
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

Doug Heffernan

Quote from: Joomlamz on March 18, 2018, 04:02:43 PM
Hi i try to upgrade with beta 3 see that error
with beta 4 i see erro 500

Updating Your SMF Installation!

The directory: /home/smf2/public_html/avs has to be writable to continue the upgrade. Please make sure permissions are correctly set to allow this.
Click here to try again.

Chmodd the avs folder and give it another try.

shawnb61

Does the /avs folder exist?   
Address the process rather than the outcome.  Then, the outcome becomes more likely.   - Fripp

Apllicmz

i have AVS folder i change it to 755 and 777 not work

Internal Server ErrorThe server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was unable to complete your request.
Please contact the server administrator at webmaster@demo to inform them of the time this error occurred, and the actions you performed just before this error.
More information about this error may be available in the server error log.
Additionally, a 500 Internal Server Error error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

albertlast

Since the avs dictory is not a default one,
i had to ask what is in there?

shawnb61

I'm pretty sure it's the old custom avatar directory.

I think old documentation used that as an example for setting up a custom avatar folder.   My forum was configured that way as well.
Address the process rather than the outcome.  Then, the outcome becomes more likely.   - Fripp

Apllicmz

Inside are images I think there has to be with mod oats media, even though I already removed the folder it continues to give the same error

shawnb61

The /avs folder almost certainly contains avatars uploaded by forum members. 

In 2.0, this was a user-named folder, but in the examples provided, the name /avs was used, and many folks just used that name.  (Look at recommendation #1 here:
https://www.simplemachines.org/community/index.php?topic=293441.0)

In short, folks have a user-named folder in 2.0 for custom avatars, often /avs.  This corresponds to the /custom_avatar folder in 2.1. 

Since that folder is identified in your configuration, under Attachments & Avatars, it must be present and writable or the upgrade cannot work. 

I am not sure why it is not found, but I have a suggestion:   I suggest utilizing repair_settings.php, and carefully scrutinizing the folder name vs the recommended name.  Maybe there is a trailing space?   If all else fails, use the repair_settings.php recommendation for that folder and I suspect things will start working. 

Apllicmz

yes iam check now with repair_settings.php
i see that path...http://demo.myaplic.co.mz/smf2/avs
and Recommended value: "http://demo.myaplic.co.mz/smf2/custom_avatar".

/home/demo/smf2/public_html/avs
Recommended value: "/home/myaplico/public_html/demo/smf2/custom_avatar".
something's wrong here....

Illori

does /home/demo/smf2/public_html/avs exist on your server?

Apllicmz

Yes
now Done
Thank you
/home/myaplico/public_html/demoaplic/smf2/avs

Advertisement: