Help error Call to undefined function processMenus()

Started by usa4all, March 19, 2018, 03:17:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

usa4all

See : http://forum.verenigdestaten.info/

What's wrong here and how to save it?

Shambles

Scuse my French, but what a useless thread title  ::)

Would be a whole lot better if you described your issue, so it appears in a search should someone else have that problem, whatever it is.

usa4all

Sorry..

I have error :  Call to undefined function processMenus() 

Can't acces menus or log in..  Repair database tables, but that doesn't help..

d3vcho

Did you have any mod installed related to menus? Do you have a backup of your forum before this happened?
"Greeting Death as an old friend, they departed this life as equals"

usa4all

Unfortunately there's no back up.  There was a database error. After that this happend.  I Do have a menu mod.  But can't acces the forum at all..   Is there a way to disable that?

Kindred

well, the first question is: Why do you have no backup?  You should ALWAYS have a backup...   one before any mod is applied and then one taken at the very least, every few days. In the future, make sure you do that.... backup the files and the database.

What database error happened before this?
What did you do to fix the database error?

It looks like you half-uninstalled or half-installed a mod... it is calling a function for which the code is not there.

Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

usa4all

I know about the back up..    I do have a server back up, BUT that replaces the whole server... 

I cleared sessions table in php myadmin.  Because it was not possible to log in.

Now, I can't log in at all..   Is overwriting all smf files an option?

d3vcho

"Greeting Death as an old friend, they departed this life as equals"

usa4all

I found a back up on the server..

2018-02-19_before_Menu_Editor_Copyright_Removed.tar.gz

How do I use it, since i can't log in?

br360

Download it to your computer and then upload it back to your server making sure to overwrite the files. (don't forget to extract it)

This will back up your forum from that date in February though and you will lose any posts, members, topics etc since then.

If you upload a fresh set of files, you won't lose anything (other than your mods and any custom edits you made- but you can always just reinstall your mods as they will still be in your package manager just not installed)

Doug Heffernan

Quote from: usa4all on March 19, 2018, 05:26:52 PM
I found a back up on the server..

2018-02-19_before_Menu_Editor_Copyright_Removed.tar.gz

How do I use it, since i can't log in?

do you have access to ftp or cpanel?

usa4all

BU is replaced  I'll get "Session verification failed. Please try logging out and back in again, and then try again". error

Will open new topic for this

Advertisement: