News:

Want to get involved in developing SMF, then why not lend a hand on our github!

Main Menu

Preview of attachment

Started by peterkroman, March 20, 2018, 12:46:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

peterkroman

Hi, Is it possible to create a preview of attachments in a post?

Kindred

Since (in 2.0.x) attachments are not uploaded until AFTER the post is posted... no - but since all attachments are just listed at the end of the post, what difference does it make?

If you are using an inline attachment mod...   the answer, I suspect, is still no - in 2.0.x
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

peterkroman

OK, Thanks.

But it is a function that could show a "thumbnail" of the attachment i am after here ...

Aleksi "Lex" Kilpinen

That is a built in feature in SMF. In Attachment settings, you will find a checkbox for "Display image attachments as pictures under post".
Slava
Ukraini!
"Before you allow people access to your forum, especially in an administrative position, you must be aware that that person can seriously damage your forum. Therefore, you should only allow people that you trust, implicitly, to have such access." -Douglas

How you can help SMF

peterkroman

Yes, but for some reason it does not show the thumbnail for pdf files.

Is there a way to fix that?

I have the following filetypes allowed as attachments:
doc,gif,jpg,mpg,pdf,png,txt,zip

Illori

since a PDF is not an image there is no thumbnail to be generated for it.

peterkroman

Right.

I know that pfd is not an image.

What I would like to know is of it is possible to generate an thumbnail preview image for a pfd file?

Kindred

Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

peterkroman

Kindred

but...   look it up.   You'd have to code something brand new and incorporate it into the SMF thumbnail system

It's a fairly major task for a limited return

https://www.google.com/search?q=create+thumbnail+from+pdf+php
Слaва
Украинi

peterkroman

OK. Thanks Kindred,

Now I have got an answer to my question :)

Advertisement: