News:

Bored?  Looking to kill some time?  Want to chat with other SMF users?  Join us in IRC chat or Discord

Main Menu

Personal word censor

Started by glamfelix, March 21, 2018, 12:11:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

glamfelix

I am aware of at least one smf site that had, instead of (or perhaps in addition to) the native word censor, the ability in the look and layout options of each member's profile, to set the user's own personal censor. So if a certain user was made uncomfortable by certain language they could censor it themselves. It is not however a mod here in the list of modifications and so I'm going to assume it was a custom mod.

Would anyone be able to make this mod? We are using SMF 2.0.12.

Steve

You need to patch up to 2.0.15 since you are missing a lot of security fixes.
DO NOT pm me for support!

dougiefresh

Seems pretty easy to me.  Lemme see what I can do....

dougiefresh

Try this: Personal Word Censor

Corrected url ~ Steve

Shambles

Quote from: dougiefresh
Try this: Personal Word Censor

Links to a thread entitled "404 Status on Missing Topics/Boards v1.2" ;)

Did you mean Personal Word Censor?

glamfelix

hmm, I appreciate it but it doesn't seem to be doing anything---there doesn't seem to be a way to add words to it. 

dougiefresh

@Shambles:  Yeah, that's what I meant...   :-[ ::) O:)

@glamfelix:  I'm looking into it....

@Everybody:  I just realized that there are a number of different issues that must be resolved.....  Hopefully, an update will be coming shortly....

dougiefresh

Uploaded v1.0.1 - March 23rd, 2018
o Fixed mod visibility issue when viewing another user's profile.
o Fixed code so that it updates correct member record with new censor info.

@Everybody:  Updated mod can be found here!

@glamfelix:  There is a link with the text Click here to add another word that you must click on to add an entry to censor.  You must also save the entries you made before you can test the personal word censor function.  Note that the entries you make are in addition to the global admin-set list....

glamfelix

Okay I will be testing the updated version soon! Warning the forum we'll be in maintenance mode.

In the first version I did not see anything with hte 'click here to add another word', the save button was there but with no way to add. I'm guessing that was added in the updated version but I'll let you know how it works soon!

glamfelix

Okay so it's working for some of the forum. For some reason my staff who aren't admins can't use it and just see a blank white screen after clicking the link under modify profile. I'm trying to see if anyone else has an issue since so far regular members can use it and so can I but my moderators cannot. I think there's probably another explanation though

dougiefresh

@glamfelix:  In Sources/Profile-Censor.php, find this line:
Code (Find) Select
add_integration_function('integrate_buffer', 'PWC_Buffer', false);
and comment it out so that it looks like this:
Code (Replace) Select
//add_integration_function('integrate_buffer', 'PWC_Buffer', false);
Let me know if that works to get the mod working for your site.  Thanks!

glamfelix

Okay, so--I've never manually installed/edited files myself before (I'm covering for our other admin) and from what I know mod files are found in the theme files, but am I wrong about that? I don't see that file anywhere in the list when I go to modify themes from the site itself. Should I be in Cpanel?

glamfelix

ohh! Yes, thank you so much! It works now.

dougiefresh

Uploaded v1.0.2 - March 24th, 2018
o Added changes to Admin.template.php to exclude certain settings.
o Gutted buffer-altering hook function to only change form URL.

@glamfelix:  No, it doesn't work correctly with that fix.  The fact that it now works tells me that the buffer-altering hook function doesn't work correctly.  This update fixes that by changing Admin.template.php to effect the changes I wanted to make in that template.

delta5

I just tried to upload this file via package manager, but all i get is a blank white screen.

dougiefresh

Uploaded v1.0.3 - April 16th, 2018
o Closed file operation at end in install_20x.xml.

@delta5:  Sorry about the delay in responding.  Try this: Personal Word Censor!

dougiefresh

Personal Word Censor mod has been approved.  Please direct all support questions and statements about the mod to that thread!  Thank you!

Advertisement: