Want to add recent topics from my forum to my homepage which is a html web page

Started by mack420, March 21, 2018, 01:58:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kindred

Landyvlad....  that code is not extra... it is completely appropriate
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

mack420

may as well all be html to me, lol

as for why I am using it, because i like certain pages to be in that format and not in my forum which has become a bit messy

i want to keep the forum for interaction, not viewing the whole site and a few years ago I moved everything in to hide it more than anything due to a unfortunate event that saw a group of people try to steal my site

if I had a good teacher I'd love to learn more about coding, but that takes a lot of time to do, so I will stick with what I can do and for what I am producing in my site, I don't need to know how to code

maybe i'll use the info smf provides to teach myself one day and fully integrate site with my forum, but one step at a time, ya live and ya learn, then we all die and rest in peace, so goodnight guys, thanks for the help

EDIT

oh yea, that link was to my site by the way, my forum

Kindred

Just so you know... SMF (and most web software) uses

HTML (this is what gets parsed by the browser to display the website)
CSS (this is what tells the browser how to display the content)
JavaScript (this allows the website to do some things with content/display)
php (this is a server-side script that runs when the page is loaded and outputs stuff (usually html) for the browser to read)
mySQL (this is the database that contains the content/information. You need scripts like php to pull the content out of the database and get it parsed to be displayed)

there are also, perl, ruby, and a dozen other languages like php
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

Advertisement: