Restarting Or "Resetting" A Failed Install

Started by geekerator, March 21, 2018, 05:01:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

geekerator

Is there a way to "reset" or otherwise restart the install process without deleting the SMF2 folder on my hosting service and re-uploading it? I must have made a typo entering the db info and the install crashed. Re-entering the folder that failed to install results in "Connection PROBLEMS Sorry, SMF was unable to connect to the database...". Any help would be appreciated.

Sir Osis of Liver

At what point did install crash?  If database info is incorrect, install will not start, you'll just get the connection error.
Ashes and diamonds, foe and friend,
 we were all equal in the end.

- R. Waters

Aleksi "Lex" Kilpinen

Perhaps just try loading the install again? I mean, close the page - and again go to www.yourdomain.com/forum/install.php
Slava
Ukraini!
"Before you allow people access to your forum, especially in an administrative position, you must be aware that that person can seriously damage your forum. Therefore, you should only allow people that you trust, implicitly, to have such access." -Douglas

How you can help SMF

Illori

if you know the proper password and completed the install you can use repair_settings.php to change the passwordWhat is repair_settings.php?

Advertisement: