News:

Bored?  Looking to kill some time?  Want to chat with other SMF users?  Join us in IRC chat or Discord

Main Menu

Posting an image results in white screen

Started by NCDiesel, March 22, 2018, 02:32:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

NCDiesel

In any board on any forum I get a white screen if I post an image over a certain size (somewhere between 1.6 and 3.3 MB).  Interestingly, the post survives abnd exists uin the forum topic with the image properly attached.   

I installed the Resize Image Attachments mod with the hope that might help.   It does help disk space but not this problem

Based on searches here, its related to image processing memory limits.  But the solutions offered in those posts seem outdated, irrelevant(ie only valid for php <5.4) or inappropriate for my hosted setup (dreamhost).

Any ideas?

SMF 2.0.15 and Ubuntu 14.04 with php 7.0

drewactual

sounds like a php.ini "max_postsize"  issue off the top of my head.  you can ask your host to increase it, or throttle it using SMF's settings. 

NCDiesel

shawnb61

Hmmm...  This is happening to me, too.  In my Linux & wamp environments in 2.0.   

At first I suspected the familiar old erroneous security issues, which sometimes cause white screens.

But it's broader than that - It seems to be all large photos, as reported.

Can others try to reproduce?

(Same pix are ok in my 2.1 upgraded forums with the same settings...)
Address the process rather than the outcome.  Then, the outcome becomes more likely.   - Fripp

Illori

shawnb61

For the record, the package Illori recommended above resolved my issues (blank pages uploading large image attachments).

It's curious I hadn't had these issues until recently...   But the package works. 
Address the process rather than the outcome.  Then, the outcome becomes more likely.   - Fripp

Rob Lightbody

Same for me - it fixed the problem immediately!

Advertisement: