News:

Want to get involved in developing SMF, then why not lend a hand on our github!

Main Menu

SMF 1.1.* status update

Started by Illori, March 23, 2018, 02:24:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Illori

In order to provide enhanced support and focus development on upcoming releases, the Simple Machines Forum Team is announcing that version 1.1 of our software will no longer be receiving updates.

SMF 1.1 is outdated in many ways, including in relation to a number of security issues. We suggest that anyone who is still using SMF 1.1 should migrate to SMF 2.0 as soon as possible.  The support board for SMF 1.1 will remain open for the time being to allow anyone who has questions about how to upgrade their forum or encounters any problems in doing so to request assistance from our support team.

We are aware that some of our community members have created temporary solutions to the incompatibility problems of the 1.1 series with PHP.  We invite those of you who have created these solutions to submit them to our Customization Site. The Customization Team will review the submissions and make them public for the benefit of the entire community. We are open to patches being made, but we need to review them before they are made publicly available to the community.

Development will focus on version 2.1, but we will continue supporting and updating version 2.0.x.

For more information, please see:

Regards,

Simple Machines Forum Team

vbgamer45

I have done some patches for SMF 1.1.x in terms of supporting new versions of MySQL, PHP back porting security fixes and I run it on PHP 7.1.x right now.
Community Suite for SMF - Take your forum to the next level built for SMF, Gallery,Store,Classifieds,Downloads,more!

SMFHacks.com -  Paid Modifications for SMF

Mods:
EzPortal - Portal System for SMF
SMF Gallery Pro
SMF Store SMF Classifieds Ad Seller Pro

Deaks

about time this happened so happy to see this!
~~~~
Former SMF Project Manager
Former SMF Customizer

"For as lang as hunner o us is in life, in nae wey
will we thole the Soothron tae owergang us. In truth it isna for glory, or wealth, or
honours that we fecht, but for freedom alane, that nae honest cheil gies up but wi life
itsel."

LiroyvH

Quote from: vbgamer45 on March 23, 2018, 02:28:20 PM
I have done some patches for SMF 1.1.x in terms of supporting new versions of MySQL, PHP back porting security fixes and I run it on PHP 7.1.x right now.

I would have loved to see some of that incorporated in one final release to 1.1.x before actually putting it to sleep forever.
I hope you will upload those patches to the modsite. :)
((U + C + I)x(10 − S)) / 20xAx1 / (1 − sin(F / 10))
President/CEO of Simple Machines - Server Manager
Please do not PM for support - anything else is usually OK.

vbgamer45

Are we doing a final release for 1.1.x or just modsite downloads?
Community Suite for SMF - Take your forum to the next level built for SMF, Gallery,Store,Classifieds,Downloads,more!

SMFHacks.com -  Paid Modifications for SMF

Mods:
EzPortal - Portal System for SMF
SMF Gallery Pro
SMF Store SMF Classifieds Ad Seller Pro

LiroyvH

Quote from: vbgamer45 on March 23, 2018, 05:28:49 PM
Are we doing a final release for 1.1.x or just modsite downloads?

Not sure. This is an 'announcement' and the language allows for a final update, but reading up on it I believe it's meant to be interpreted as being effective immediately and thus modsite only. But I'm not 100% sure - haven't really had the opportunity to look at it properly, been away with a rather impressive flu for a few weeks :)
((U + C + I)x(10 − S)) / 20xAx1 / (1 − sin(F / 10))
President/CEO of Simple Machines - Server Manager
Please do not PM for support - anything else is usually OK.

pocttopus

Quote from: Illori on March 23, 2018, 02:24:45 PM
Development will focus on version 2.1, but we will continue supporting and updating version 2.0.x.

Is this going to happen some day... I mean official and stable release of 2.1!?  :-\ ???

Steve

Are you being facetious? If not, of course it will happen. It just has to be done right before release.
DO NOT pm me for support!

Doug Heffernan

Are there users who still use that ancient version?

GigaWatt

Well, those who have tons of mods or custom mods installed, probably do :S.
"This is really a generic concept about human thinking - when faced with large tasks we're naturally inclined to try to break them down into a bunch of smaller tasks that together make up the whole."

"A 500 error loosely translates to the webserver saying, "WTF?"..."

-Rock Lee-

Considering the years it has the branch 1.x and the beta of the 2.1, it is good to concentrate on updating in several aspects. I never use the 1.x branch more than for tests in local boot by the 2.x but I have known many sites do not update to not lose certain features...

Regards!
¡Regresando como cual Fenix! ~ Bomber Code
Ayudas - Aportes - Tutoriales - Y mucho mas!!!

Looking

Its time to move on, I am still amazed to see sites using SMF 1 because it usually means they are also using inadequate software on their server to keep SMF 1.

pocttopus

Quote from: Steve on March 24, 2018, 01:10:42 PM
Are you being facetious? If not, of course it will happen. It just has to be done right before release.
I wondering is it possible that 2.0.x is matching 2.1 after every update!? ???
Am I right?  ::)

Doug Heffernan

Quote from: Steve on March 24, 2018, 01:10:42 PM

I have read that the developement of 2.1. has been going on for 6 years now. So pocttopus post is not facetious, a little off topic maybe.

Irisado

This topic is for discussing the status of 1.1 not 2.0 or 2.1, so let's stick to the topic at hand please.
Soñando con una playa donde brilla el sol, un arco iris ilumina el cielo, y el mar espejea iridescentemente

ARG01

Now that 1.1 updates have officially ceased, I can finally feel comfortable in deleting all my old 1.1 Tiny Portal and DzinerStudio themes. Thanks.  8)
No, I will not offer free downloads to Premium DzinerStuido themes. Please stop asking.

becometa

Quote from: Study Force on March 27, 2018, 04:40:15 PM
Quote from: doug_ips on March 24, 2018, 06:29:12 PM

Yes

there's one that's floating in my head
33412964 Posts in 1031711 Topics by 1969944 Members

Url removed. This thread is not for advertising specific websites. Thanks. ~ Steve

Piwaille

Quote from: Study Force on March 27, 2018, 04:40:15 PM
Quote from: doug_ips on March 24, 2018, 06:29:12 PM

Yes
+1

I'ge got big troubles in trying to upgrade my forum
Piwaille
le chant du vario est motorisé par SMF 1.1.15

gisfreak

nice i hope to see huge leap on 2.1 progress then, :D
Me fail English? That's unpossible.

Advertisement: