News:

Bored?  Looking to kill some time?  Want to chat with other SMF users?  Join us in IRC chat or Discord

Main Menu

test failed mod trouble

Started by glamfelix, March 24, 2018, 10:43:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

glamfelix

So, this isn't about a specific mod so much as the fact that when a mod's tests are failed, I can't find what I keep hearing about--an icon or drodpdown to see what specifically went wrong. What I see is just this, for example:

3.   Extract Tree   ./Themes   Theme files
*   4.   Execute Modification   ./Sources/ManagePermissions.php   Test failed
*   5.   Execute Modification   ./Sources/Subs-Post.php   Test failed

I've been told that there's more specific information on the actual code that needs to be replaced/added to but maybe I misinterpreted or am not looking in the right place? I'm just trying to figure out how I can more accurately know what I need to do when a mods test installation fails so I can do it manually.

Doug Heffernan

Quote from: glamfelix on March 24, 2018, 10:43:27 AM
So, this isn't about a specific mod so much as the fact that when a mod's tests are failed, I can't find what I keep hearing about--an icon or drodpdown to see what specifically went wrong. What I see is just this, for example:

3.   Extract Tree   ./Themes   Theme files
*   4.   Execute Modification   ./Sources/ManagePermissions.php   Test failed
*   5.   Execute Modification   ./Sources/Subs-Post.php   Test failed

I've been told that there's more specific information on the actual code that needs to be replaced/added to but maybe I misinterpreted or am not looking in the right place? I'm just trying to figure out how I can more accurately know what I need to do when a mods test installation fails so I can do it manually.

Yu can go ahead and install the mod and then add the code manually to the failed files.

glamfelix

Where can I find the files that are ./sources ?  Do I find them in Cpanel or can I access them directly from the site?

Doug Heffernan

Quote from: glamfelix on March 24, 2018, 11:19:05 AM
Where can I find the files that are ./sources ?  Do I find them in Cpanel or can I access them directly from the site?

Those files are part of the Smf package. You can find them inside your forum directory.

glamfelix

Deaks

their is the mod parser on the mod site where you can see what changes the mods make to what file.
~~~~
Former SMF Project Manager
Former SMF Customizer

"For as lang as hunner o us is in life, in nae wey
will we thole the Soothron tae owergang us. In truth it isna for glory, or wealth, or
honours that we fecht, but for freedom alane, that nae honest cheil gies up but wi life
itsel."

Advertisement: