News:

Want to get involved in developing SMF, then why not lend a hand on our github!

Main Menu

How to set default for not sending email when PM'ing

Started by galanb, March 24, 2018, 10:23:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

galanb

I cannot find anywhere where I can set the default for all users on the forum not to be sent an email when another user sends them a PM.
I know there is a setting in an individual user's profile to set "Notify by email every time you receive a personal message" to 'Never.'
However, I want to set this to NEVER for all users when they register, and leaving them the option to change it to ALWAYS later if they choose in their own profile.

I did find an old post (http://www.simplemachines.org/community/index.php?topic=71722.0) that has a solution in it but it is for SMF 1.1RC.  I am running SMF 2.0.15.  Curve Theme.

This solution states "For future info, the default value is set in Subs-Members.php
Code: [Select]
      'pm_email_notify' => 1"

I cannot find Subs-Members.php in SMF 2.0.15.  If this file no longer exists, can someone please tell me which files contains the above code statement, else, if the code has been rewritten, where and how I can make/set the default for pm_email_notify to '0' (Never)?

Thanks for any help.

Chen Zhen

The file does exist and that edit is correct.
It's in: ../Sources/Subs-Members.php

'pm_email_notify' => 1,

.. change the 1 to a 0

My SMF Mods & Plug-Ins

WebDev

"Either you repeat the same conventional doctrines everybody is saying, or else you say something true, and it will sound like it's from Neptune." - Noam Chomsky

galanb

Quote from: Chen Zhen on March 24, 2018, 11:06:17 PM

The file does exist and that edit is correct.
It's in: ../Sources/Subs-Members.php

'pm_email_notify' => 1,

.. change the 1 to a 0

Thank you Chen Zen!  With your help, I have located it.  My CPanel search did not return it because I had searched for the file name with lower-case and did not find it...  Thanks again for the quick reply.

Advertisement: