News:

Wondering if this will always be free?  See why free is better.

Main Menu

block email address

Started by andsim, March 24, 2018, 10:59:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

andsim

how do i block any email in list to be block to be register in one long listed

Aleksi "Lex" Kilpinen

Create a ban, add the emails as triggers to the ban.
Slava
Ukraini!
"Before you allow people access to your forum, especially in an administrative position, you must be aware that that person can seriously damage your forum. Therefore, you should only allow people that you trust, implicitly, to have such access." -Douglas

How you can help SMF

GigaWatt

Wow... a lot simpler and more effective than what I would have thought ;). Hands up :).

Looks like someone's got the reverse engineering psychology in his blood ;) :D.
"This is really a generic concept about human thinking - when faced with large tasks we're naturally inclined to try to break them down into a bunch of smaller tasks that together make up the whole."

"A 500 error loosely translates to the webserver saying, "WTF?"..."

Aleksi "Lex" Kilpinen

Most of what I do for a living involves solving problems in larger scenarios by finding the simplest solutions, fast. So yeah, you could so say so.
Slava
Ukraini!
"Before you allow people access to your forum, especially in an administrative position, you must be aware that that person can seriously damage your forum. Therefore, you should only allow people that you trust, implicitly, to have such access." -Douglas

How you can help SMF

andsim

Deaks

you can add multiple triggers for any ban so you just need to add a new trigger for each domain you wish to
~~~~
Former SMF Project Manager
Former SMF Customizer

"For as lang as hunner o us is in life, in nae wey
will we thole the Soothron tae owergang us. In truth it isna for glory, or wealth, or
honours that we fecht, but for freedom alane, that nae honest cheil gies up but wi life
itsel."

Aleksi "Lex" Kilpinen

Why would you want do that? There are a lot better ways to fight spam if that is what you are after.
Slava
Ukraini!

How you can help SMF

Deaks

Quote from: andsim on March 25, 2018, 05:41:26 AM
Quote from: andsim on March 25, 2018, 04:30:37 AM
only one at a time
over 400?

longest ban trigger list i have had was 856, eventually I ended up banning the domain *@mail.ru lowered it down massivley
~~~~
Former SMF Customizer

will we thole the Soothron tae owergang us. In truth it isna for glory, or wealth, or
honours that we fecht, but for freedom alane, that nae honest cheil gies up but wi life
itsel."

andsim

Quote from: BryanD on March 25, 2018, 05:51:17 AM
only one at a time
over 400?

longest ban trigger list i have had was 856, eventually I ended up banning the domain *@mail.ru lowered it down massivley
found a list were all spam email is spam domain i see no simple way to add into one target list

[edit] removed size tags so it can be read. - Illori

andsim

Quote from: andsim on March 25, 2018, 05:57:20 AM
Quote from: BryanD on March 25, 2018, 05:51:17 AM
only one at a time
over 400?

found a list were all spam email is spam domain i see no simple way to add into one target list

andsim

Deaks

so to ban a domain you just need to use a mask so like *@gmail.com will ban anyone being able to use gmail.com or *@*gmail.* will prevent those with multiple extensions
~~~~
Former SMF Customizer

itsel."

Kindred

Why even bother doing that?

Just use good questions, and maybe a mod (bad behavior and stop spammer) and the spammers can't register, so you don't even have to worry about the bans
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

andsim

Quote from: Kindred on March 25, 2018, 07:46:37 AM
Why even bother doing that?

Just use good questions, and maybe a mod (bad behavior and stop spammer) and the spammers can't register, so you don't even have to worry about the bans
i got this CleanTalk yet i am getting some get in. bypass the mod
my forum is on some kind payment in order get post to avoid spam

Kindred

Add questions.

I have questions, bad behavior and stop spammer. no bans
I have not had a spammer in 2 years
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

-=[Vyorel]=-

Quote from: Kindred on March 25, 2018, 10:20:22 AM
Add questions.

I have questions, bad behavior and stop spammer. no bans
I have the same problem and added the questions but it does not work / have no effect :(
My mods for SMF - [6].

GigaWatt

I tried this advice.... hands up to a10, I haven't had one bot register since I made about 20 questions following the same principle ;). I even disabled the default captcha in SMF, I only have one question out of the 20 asked each time someone tries to register... as I said, 2 weeks now and still not a single bot has registered ;). I had at least a couple of bots register every day before I implemented this advice, even though I had the captcha set to extra hard and 3 questions :S.
"This is really a generic concept about human thinking - when faced with large tasks we're naturally inclined to try to break them down into a bunch of smaller tasks that together make up the whole."

"A 500 error loosely translates to the webserver saying, "WTF?"..."

Advertisement: