News:

Bored?  Looking to kill some time?  Want to chat with other SMF users?  Join us in IRC chat or Discord

Main Menu

Problems with poll

Started by bharat, March 25, 2018, 10:59:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bharat

When I choose option Allow users to change vote nothing happens and they can't change their results, what can be the reason?

Illori

does the board in question have a permissions profile assigned to it?

bharat

I am sorry but I didn't understand what do you mean?

Deaks

you need to check your board and user permissions to see if they have the right access.
~~~~
Former SMF Project Manager
Former SMF Customizer

"For as lang as hunner o us is in life, in nae wey
will we thole the Soothron tae owergang us. In truth it isna for glory, or wealth, or
honours that we fecht, but for freedom alane, that nae honest cheil gies up but wi life
itsel."

bharat

Members have permissions to vote and everything worked fine earlier. Do I need to check any specific options? Any ideas what could happen?

Steve

Each board has a permission profile. You select it when you create the board or create one then or later. That's what Illori is asking about.

Are you saying your members could change their votes until recently?
DO NOT pm me for support!

bharat

I can see permission only in the members groups, there you can choose View polls         
Vote in polls         
Post polls         
Add poll to topics
Edit polls
Lock polls
Remove polls

Is it what are you talking about?

Kindred

Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

bharat

Everything is right in the settings I mentioned before, just want to ask you what can be the reason that members can't change their vote if I let them do so.

Steve

For the fourth time, does the board in question have a permissions profile assigned to it?

Or is this a forum wide issue?

bharat

Yes, it does have a permissions profile assigned to it.

Illori

is it a profile you created or a default profile? if it is a default profile, create a new one which you put the permissions you want and make the board us it, then try to duplicate your issue.

bharat

I was talking about all members who can't change their votes if I let them do that. I remember it was possible earlier.

Steve

Going back to your original post ... just to be sure we're on the same page ... when you create the poll you're checking the box that says something like 'Alllow users to change their votes', correct?

bharat

Yes, right, I am checking the box Allow users to change their votes, sometimes I do it after the voting has been started already.

bharat

Can someone help me? I just added a new poll, wanted to change my results, check the box Allow users to change their votes but can't do anything.

bharat

There is no option remove vote.

Kindred

That is correct, there is no option to remove a vote.
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

bharat

This option appear when you check this box but now it is not there anymore.

bharat

Anyway could something happen after I installed one more mod Additional polls?

Advertisement: