News:

SMF 2.1.4 has been released! Take it for a spin! Read more.

Main Menu

Proofreading not working

Started by Finn_958, March 25, 2018, 09:54:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Finn_958

Hi, in my forum http://coscienzamaschile.com proofreading seems to be supported by the server (the button appears under the text box) but it opens a blank popup window.

Finn_958

I tried various php versions, all with pspell activated, and spell check still not working.

Illori

you need the dictionaries installed as well.

Finn_958

Thank you, I am quite a newbie, where can I find them?

Illori

do you have full control over your server? if you do not then ask your host to take care of it.

Finn_958

Finn_958

After some hours, the problem seems now misteriously solved!

Biology Forums

I'm curious, what are you using to authenticate the Facebook login feature on your website?

Finn_958

One4all Social. The other plugin Facebook Integration does not work and must be updated, hoping the author will do!

Finn_958

It appears the the spell check "Add word" feature works only for the current session, new words are not stored in the dictionary. Any hints? Any custom dic to add or configure maybe?
I don't have any mods installed, the Add feature is built-in. Where does SMF stores added words?

Finn_958

Any hints about where does SMF stores dictionary where custom words are added?

Aleksi "Lex" Kilpinen

Quote from: Finn_958 on March 29, 2018, 10:28:09 PM
Any hints about where does SMF stores dictionary where custom words are added?
By default, I do not think it does. There is a mod for that though http://custom.simplemachines.org/mods/index.php?mod=536
Slava
Ukraini!
"Before you allow people access to your forum, especially in an administrative position, you must be aware that that person can seriously damage your forum. Therefore, you should only allow people that you trust, implicitly, to have such access." -Douglas

How you can help SMF

Finn_958

The mond is incompatible with the last forum version. The spell check feature is in-built. There is indeed an "Add" button in the proofreading window, but apparently new words are not added.

Aleksi "Lex" Kilpinen

The mod should be compatible with .15 even though it says otherwise, the spell check feature is in-built, and that mod is there to extend it's functionality.
I am unfamiliar with the innards of the spell check functionality, but I believe by default it only adds words temporarily and does not save them for the future.
Slava
Ukraini!
"Before you allow people access to your forum, especially in an administrative position, you must be aware that that person can seriously damage your forum. Therefore, you should only allow people that you trust, implicitly, to have such access." -Douglas

How you can help SMF

Finn_958

During installation there is a warning that the mod may cause conflicts.

Aleksi "Lex" Kilpinen

Exactly what warning are you getting?
Slava
Ukraini!

How you can help SMF

Finn_958

Failed test, SMF WARMLY recommend not to install.

Finn_958

SO I would have to perform changes manually to install the mod?

Illori

Finn_958

Ok thanks, but not worth the risk for me. Maybe when the mod will be updated and compatible with current version.

Deaks

what files is the mod giving error on, many people on here would be happy to help with this in this thread
~~~~
Former SMF Project Manager
Former SMF Customizer

"For as lang as hunner o us is in life, in nae wey
will we thole the Soothron tae owergang us. In truth it isna for glory, or wealth, or
honours that we fecht, but for freedom alane, that nae honest cheil gies up but wi life
itsel."

Finn_958

Ok I installed the mod. Where does it store custom words?

Aleksi "Lex" Kilpinen

https://www.simplemachines.org/community/index.php?topic=126181.msg3067228#msg3067228

It should be saving them in a file named custom_words in your forum root directory.  The first time it runs if the custom spellings file doesn't exist, PHP will attempt to create it.  

Slava
Ukraini!

How you can help SMF

Finn_958

Found and working! Thanks!
Last question: is MOD able to add custom words if I lock file modifications ("Sitelock")?

Aleksi "Lex" Kilpinen

I would have to guess that depends on the particular setup of your server, and you will need to try to find out. Odds are it won't work.
Slava
Ukraini!

How you can help SMF

Finn_958

It does not work with Sitelock, otherwise it's ok.

Advertisement: