News:

Want to get involved in developing SMF, then why not lend a hand on our github!

Main Menu

Hello

Started by dndperas, March 26, 2018, 10:31:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

dndperas

how to make my name be red ? i mean as am an administrator with this role color, but my name aint red too ?

Illori

what version of SMF are you using?

Aleksi "Lex" Kilpinen

Slava
Ukraini!
"Before you allow people access to your forum, especially in an administrative position, you must be aware that that person can seriously damage your forum. Therefore, you should only allow people that you trust, implicitly, to have such access." -Douglas

How you can help SMF

Kindred

And please stop using titles like "hello"

Use the title to indicate a short summary of your issue
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

dndperas

Quote from: Aleksi "Lex" Kilpinen on March 26, 2018, 11:03:58 AM
This mod should do what you are asking.
http://custom.simplemachines.org/mods/index.php?mod=111
how ? u mean download them ? and upload them into wat ?

btw am sorry kindred { nice league name ^^ }

Steve

DO NOT pm me for support!

dndperas

Quote from: Steve on March 26, 2018, 04:50:52 PM
https://wiki.simplemachines.org/smf/SMF1.1:Package_manager
lool this is how to upload a theme, nah bro leave the 1st support he can explain me, or u can tell me wat to do exactly not to give me a link with 5 papers to read

Steve

1. That is for mods, not themes.

2. Why should I write a detailed explanation of how to do something when you can easily read ONE page, not five, on how to do it correctly?
DO NOT pm me for support!

dndperas

yea, can u just tell me wat to do cuz i can't understand anything from this papers..
just tell me download it >> upload to online manager >> ? or upload to wat

Kindred

follow the instructions on that page

go to admin
go to package manager
go to download packages
upload a package

we can't hold your hand for everything, you have to be willing to do a little work on your own -- especially when we've gone to the trouble of writing an entire manual on how to use the system
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

GigaWatt

Quote from: dndperas on March 26, 2018, 05:21:30 PM
lool this is how to upload a theme, nah bro leave the 1st support he can explain me, or u can tell me wat to do exactly not to give me a link with 5 papers to read

Well, that's what text material is for... reading ::).

Quote from: dndperas on March 26, 2018, 05:39:21 PM
yea, can u just tell me wat to do cuz i can't understand anything from this papers..
just tell me download it >> upload to online manager >> ? or upload to wat

And you're planning on being a board admin with this attitude ??? :o ::).
"This is really a generic concept about human thinking - when faced with large tasks we're naturally inclined to try to break them down into a bunch of smaller tasks that together make up the whole."

"A 500 error loosely translates to the webserver saying, "WTF?"..."

Doug Heffernan

@dndperas, you are doing everything wrong, starting with your topic title. You are not introducing yourself here, you are asking for support. Also loosing the attitude towards those that are trying to help you will be a good thing. You have been given excellent advice but it seems like you ignore it. From what I have seen so far, I do not think that you are suited to run a forum.

Aleksi "Lex" Kilpinen

Quote from: dndperas on March 26, 2018, 05:21:30 PM
Quote from: Steve on March 26, 2018, 04:50:52 PM
https://wiki.simplemachines.org/smf/SMF1.1:Package_manager
See the 2 headings "Uploading a package" and "Installing a package" in the documentation. It is less than 20 rows of pretty easy to read text.
Slava
Ukraini!
"Before you allow people access to your forum, especially in an administrative position, you must be aware that that person can seriously damage your forum. Therefore, you should only allow people that you trust, implicitly, to have such access." -Douglas

How you can help SMF

dndperas

yea thx guys, but now i've another problem with shoutbox everytime i install it it doesnt appear on the forum idk why and i must add codes but i dont know where!

Aleksi "Lex" Kilpinen

For any mod related questions, you are best off asking them in the mod's own support topic.
Or - at least tell us which mod it is you are trying to install, to which version of SMF, and what theme you are using....
Slava
Ukraini!

How you can help SMF

dndperas

i've tried { shout_v1.40.tar and  chatwee and SB_1.22b } all of them the same prob

Kindred

That would be because, in 1.1.x, you have to manually apply mods to other themes
Слaва
Украинi

dndperas

Quote from: Kindred on March 29, 2018, 07:23:12 PM
That would be because, in 1.1.x, you have to manually apply mods to other themes
u mean.. wat ?

GigaWatt

You have to manually edit the the code of the theme to apply the mod (manually make the adequate changes).
"This is really a generic concept about human thinking - when faced with large tasks we're naturally inclined to try to break them down into a bunch of smaller tasks that together make up the whole."

"A 500 error loosely translates to the webserver saying, "WTF?"..."

dndperas

Why colors are working on home only not working in posts ? https://imgur.com/a/rvKEB [nofollow]

Irisado

Will you please state which version of SMF you are using?  That screenshot does not look like 1.1 to me.
Soñando con una playa donde brilla el sol, un arco iris ilumina el cielo, y el mar espejea iridescentemente

Advertisement: