News:

SMF 2.1.4 has been released! Take it for a spin! Read more.

Main Menu

Top portals for SMF?

Started by Drakkon, March 28, 2018, 11:33:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Drakkon

I'm sorry if this doesn't belong here or if these types of topics aren't allowed.

I'm looking to set up a portal to use for my new SMF forum. I would like to know which are the most popular ones or the one's that people have had the most success with.

vbgamer45

Top portals would be
Simple Portal
Tiny Portal
ezPortal

There is also adkPortal and PortaMX
Community Suite for SMF - Take your forum to the next level built for SMF, Gallery,Store,Classifieds,Downloads,more!

SMFHacks.com -  Paid Modifications for SMF

Mods:
EzPortal - Portal System for SMF
SMF Gallery Pro
SMF Store SMF Classifieds Ad Seller Pro

Drakkon

Thank you, friend. I'll give those a look. I remember using MKPortal back in the day. I believe it's been gone for awhile.

shinglis

I have been using simple portal, not to it's full extend but found it easy to setup / config and so far no major issues with it.

Steve

Same with TinyPortal, the one I use.
DO NOT pm me for support!

landyvlad

Another vote for TP.  I've tried all three and SP didn't "do it" for me, EZ Portal is perfectly good, but in the end TP ticked more boxes for me, especially as far as the responsive situation is concerned.

There are pros and cons of all of them.

I'd recommend that you set up a test forum and try each of SP, TP and EZ and see which YOU prefer.
"Put as much effort into your question as you'd expect someone to give in an answer"

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with questions on astrophysics or theology.  You will get better and faster responses by asking homeless people in the street. Thank you.

Be the person your dog thinks you are.

shinglis

Not fully up to speed but do any of these portals support 2.1 ?

vbgamer45

Community Suite for SMF - Take your forum to the next level built for SMF, Gallery,Store,Classifieds,Downloads,more!

SMFHacks.com -  Paid Modifications for SMF

Mods:
EzPortal - Portal System for SMF
SMF Gallery Pro
SMF Store SMF Classifieds Ad Seller Pro

shinglis

Quote from: vbgamer45 on April 03, 2018, 06:54:50 PM
ezPortal supports 2.1

Ok thanks.. going to start up a test site soon with the version from Github and see how it goes.

Advertisement: