News:

Want to get involved in developing SMF, then why not lend a hand on our github!

Main Menu

simple php command to show a div from smf, help please

Started by crimpson, March 29, 2018, 06:46:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

crimpson

I would like to call the forum statistics and recant posts div to display on another php page? I don't like the basic SMF call functions as they show up so plain and unsightly. I would like to call via iframe or something to show the exact same style that my forum uses. example attached.

Kindred

You can not use iframes

However, the ssi function allows you to get the data and style it any ay you want
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

crimpson

The ssi functions do not seem able to display the data the same way my forum does and the ability to use css on them seems to be extremely limited do to lack of applicable tags on the data presented. am I wrong on this? does anyone have examples of ssi being styled?
In the image attached you'll see the top part is styled RSS feed which updates fairly quickly, and below it is the ssi function which uses table data and sucks for styling.

Basically I want better ways of displaying the ssi functions.

Kindred

The ssi functions can be displayed in any way you want.  Read the ssi section of the online manual.
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

Advertisement: