News:

Bored?  Looking to kill some time?  Want to chat with other SMF users?  Join us in IRC chat or Discord

Main Menu

A few questions

Started by Bigguy, March 29, 2018, 08:13:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gwenwyfar

If all that changes are some of the editor options in quick reply, what is the point of having the full editor option now? I can only see it being (slightly) useful as an admin option, not as user choice.
"It is impossible to communicate with one that does not wish to communicate"

Antes

Quote from: Gwenwyfar on April 04, 2018, 12:15:24 PM
If all that changes are some of the editor options in quick reply, what is the point of having the full editor option now? I can only see it being (slightly) useful as an admin option, not as user choice.

Admin setting > Disable WYSIWYG editor (aka the editor) for forum.
User setting(s) > 1) Disable the editor / 2) Load smiley box -for 2.1-

Bigguy

I actually have always thought of the quick reply as just that, a place to make a quick reply with no bells no whistles attached just straight forward type and submit. If you wanted to get technical about your post then you would hit reply and get the wysiwyg editor. That's just me though. This way is fine to. I just wanted to tell ya what I thought.

Gwenwyfar

Quote from: Antes on April 04, 2018, 03:51:49 PM

I know, I'm asking what's the point of having a disable smileys setting?

Antes

Quote from: Gwenwyfar on April 22, 2018, 01:51:40 PM
Quote from: Antes on April 04, 2018, 03:51:49 PM

I know, I'm asking what's the point of having a disable smileys setting?

That's exactly my point :)

Kindred

Because some sites may not want smilies....
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

Bigguy

More sites may want to just have a quick reply box with no options and a reply box with a wysiwyg editor. Or a choice of variations of that.. (Just my thoughts)

Gwenwyfar

Quote from: Kindred on April 22, 2018, 03:28:23 PM
Because some sites may not want smilies....
It does make sense as an admin setting, but not as an user one. I'd just not have it at all for users and leave a popup instead (unless disabled by admin, which can make sense for performance reasons or less clutter).

Advertisement: