News:

Bored?  Looking to kill some time?  Want to chat with other SMF users?  Join us in IRC chat or Discord

Main Menu

SMF 2.1 - new challenge

Started by djoos5, April 03, 2018, 09:47:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

djoos5

Hello,

I am writing to ask if this is a recognizable challenge that might have to do with the database instead of the actual software. I am the administrator of our website and these problems just started for me today - although they have progressively impacted our employees'ability to post or login or logout.

Understand, I am unable to logout without getting the same error message talking about session verification.

If I am posting in the wrong board here, let me know and I will address my post elsewhere.

I have attached two pictures:

admin_login failure  is an image of my screen when I try to go to the administration page to see if I need to do a software update, or check on my board members profiles.

posting_failure is an image of my screen when I attempt to reply to a post on our boards.

I appreciate any help and look forward to a reply.

Thanks!

Doug

albertlast

The github version of 2.1 got the number beta 4 and
in the first screenshot we see that you use beta 1 which is very very old.

djoos5

Yea, I am still on beta 1.

Is there a way to update my software without being able to login to the Administration?

I know there is a way to put the website in TEST, but is that only with the installer?

Thanks!

Illori

SMF 2.1 does not have any patches that require you to log into the admin panel. you need to override all the files and run the upgrade script.

what do you mean put the website in test? you can put it in maintenance mode.

djoos5

I just downloaded the current files from Github.

Uploading them now.

Yea, Maintenance was what I meant.

I will report back here in a bit to let you know if I have resolved my issue.

Thanks for the help thus far!

Doug

djoos5

I have it corrected.

Thank you!

Advertisement: