News:

SMF 2.1.4 has been released! Take it for a spin! Read more.

Main Menu

Admin Password etc

Started by DorsetDave, July 09, 2018, 12:57:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DorsetDave

I am the Administrator for the Forum attached to Wimborne Town FC. Recently the club changed hosts for its main website. Ever since , when I sign on, I get the message as per attached . When I click on it, it brings up the page as per attached also [part page attachment only] But I don't know what to do with it. I have got the IT people looking at it.
Unless you can suggest an answer I may have to let them have access to the Forum with my username and password. Afterwards I will change my password. But I can't even see how I can do that. I am running SMF 2.0.15

Shambles

To start with, try going though this route:

Admin >> Configuration >> Themes & Layout... >> Theme Settings  and hit the button marked "Attempt to reset all themes"

GigaWatt

The path should probably have a few more slashes in there. Try running repair_settings.php, click on the recommended values (let the populate the adequate fields, and see if that fixes the theme path problem ;).
"This is really a generic concept about human thinking - when faced with large tasks we're naturally inclined to try to break them down into a bunch of smaller tasks that together make up the whole."

"A 500 error loosely translates to the webserver saying, "WTF?"..."

DorsetDave

I did exactly as 'Shambles' advised and it has worked. Have tried it a couple of times and everything seems fine. Thanks for the replies folks. Much appreciated

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

To be Old and Wise
You first have to be Young and Stupid

Advertisement: