News:

Wondering if this will always be free?  See why free is better.

Main Menu

External Image Proxy

Started by tinoest, April 02, 2018, 11:12:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

tinoest

Link to the mod

This addon allows you to get rid of insecure content warnings or disappearing images when you use an encrypted connection to your SMF Forum.

Proxy Settings

By default this extension will use the images.weserv.nl image caching and resizing proxy.

Note: The SMF one has to be disabled for it to become active.

Shambles

Good work.

It may be worth explaining to the non-technically minded members what this mod does and how it may help them, rather than just saying "Add's functionality to SMF to utilise a external Image Proxy rather than the one built in to SMF."

tinoest

Quote from: Shambles on April 02, 2018, 04:01:23 PM
Good work.

It may be worth explaining to the non-technically minded members what this mod does and how it may help them, rather than just saying "Add's functionality to SMF to utilise a external Image Proxy rather than the one built in to SMF."

Just updated it with what I used for the Elkarte Modification. Think that's a bit better.

chrishicks

How does this work with GIF images? I will be going through the work of upgrading my forum to 2.0.15 soon and am currently using the method found here which required additional code to not break GIF images:

https://www.simplemachines.org/community/index.php?topic=527996.0

Will I need to do a change like this with this mod as well? If so, could you help with that? Thank you.

tinoest

It supports everything on here https://images.weserv.nl/ if it's not supported by weserv then it won't proxy correctly.

Numeriku

So after disabling the smf image proxy, this will automatically enable? No settings to configure? Just would like to confirm that.

tinoest

Correct, disable the SMF Proxy and this will take over.

Numeriku

Quote from: Numeriku on August 19, 2018, 10:14:35 AM
So after disabling the smf image proxy, this will automatically enable? No settings to configure? Just would like to confirm that.

Thank you, perfect for my forum.

Advertisement: