News:

Wondering if this will always be free?  See why free is better.

Main Menu

Profile shown in Threads

Started by DMDrake, April 27, 2018, 07:37:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DMDrake

Hi guys,

I've been a user on a SMF board for many years and love it. Recently I got my own forum with SMF.

I'm using a theme called smooth. When looking at posts from people it becomes rather text dense. It is not displaying the profile on the left of the textbox.

Any idea if this is related to the theme or is there a place somewhere in SMF settings where you can toggle this on/off?

Thanks in advance,

Shambles

DMDrake

Thanks man.

I tried that. Even though nobody has been in there since 2012 heh :)

Sir Osis of Liver

Don't have time to install it, but looking at the screenshot, the theme doesn't have the poster info block.  You'd have to add it in Display.template.php.
Ashes and diamonds, foe and friend,
 we were all equal in the end.

- R. Waters

DMDrake

Tried replacing it with the default themes display.template. That moved it on top of the thread though so almost there.

Someone told me to delete the display.template and it would then use the default one. But is it possible to delete it? I only see a way to delete whats inside it and then I get a main template error.

Thanks

Sir Osis of Liver

You can delete any file in custom theme, it will then use default theme file.  You may have problems with css if you replace your theme template with default, it's quite different.
Ashes and diamonds, foe and friend,
 we were all equal in the end.

- R. Waters

GigaWatt

You can delete it via FTP/SFTP.
"This is really a generic concept about human thinking - when faced with large tasks we're naturally inclined to try to break them down into a bunch of smaller tasks that together make up the whole."

"A 500 error loosely translates to the webserver saying, "WTF?"..."

Kindred

please do not use the internal template editor.

It's there and can be used in emergencies.... but the proper way to modify, add or delete files is to use FTP or your site file manager in CPanel
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

Advertisement: