News:

Want to get involved in developing SMF, then why not lend a hand on our github!

Main Menu

When I enable Maintenance Mode, my index returns "404 Not Found"

Started by Kich, April 02, 2018, 07:47:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kich

Hello there!

I've installed SMF 2.1 (Beta 3) here: lucaskich.com/forum [nofollow] - but I'm having trouble with Maintenance Mode.

When I enable Maintenance Mode, my index returns "404 Not Found" (see here: i.imgur.com/Prup6fA.png). [nofollow]

Also, I find this bizarre: when I enable Maintenance Mode from the Admin Panel, I'm actually able to navigate on the forums (see here: i.imgur.com/kbldmKx.png [nofollow]) as long as I do not log out from the current session. If I click Logout or if I access the index in anonymous browsing / another device / another browser, if I clean the browsing data, or any other action that does not keep me logged in at the current tab, I'm directed to 404.

Everything seems to work fine when the Maintenance Mode is disabled. The permissions also seems to be adequate.

I opened a ticket with Hostgator, but their response didn't help me very much:

QuotePlease check the links below, the problem occurs because of the PHP configuration.
support.hostgator.com/articles/cpanel/how-to-upload-a-file-using-the-file-manager
support.hostgator.com/articles/php-settings-that-cannot-be-changed
The changes that you make in PHP must conform to the settings imposed on the shared plans.

Any solutions?

Thank you!

Kich

I changed the permission of Settings.php to 755, it made no difference. I changed the permission of all PHP files to 755, also made no difference. I removed the SMF, installed it again in another database, same thing. I removed everything and installed SMF 2.0.15, put it in Maintenance Mode. Guess what? Same error.

Now I have two installed forums:

lucaskich.com/forum (2.0.15)
lucaskich.com/testes (2.1. Beta 3)

Both with the same problem.

Illori

i bet it is related to mod_security in some way. ask your host to disable it or find another host as no one else has reported this issue and your host is not one of the best out there.

albertlast

Please not use the beta 3 version this version is very old,
got many bugs which already fixed.

Use the github version or the already packed version:https://www.simplemachines.org/community/index.php?topic=558451.0
ther is no upgrade from beta 3 to beta4(github version) avaible.

Kich

Quote from: Illori on April 03, 2018, 05:04:32 AM
i bet it is related to mod_security in some way. ask your host to disable it or find another host as no one else has reported this issue and your host is not one of the best out there.
Thanks, I asked them to do it. When they answer back I do report here. Can't change hosts right now, I just hired this one for a year.

I know other people who have SMF installed within Hostgator and they do not have this issue. I wonder why...

Quote from: albertlast on April 03, 2018, 05:12:47 AM
Please not use the beta 3 version this version is very old,
got many bugs which already fixed.

Use the github version or the already packed version:https://www.simplemachines.org/community/index.php?topic=558451.0
ther is no upgrade from beta 3 to beta4(github version) avaible.
Alright, installed it here: lucaskich.com/beta [nofollow] - yet same results when I enable Maintenance Mode (i.imgur.com/Vo83LZ2.png)

Kich

Quote from: Lucas Kich on April 03, 2018, 02:09:49 PM
Thanks, I asked them to do it. When they answer back I do report here.
They added the domain to the mod_security whitelist. Same error. :(

albertlast

I tested the maintenance mode in my dev env,
ther i saw no issue.
So the issue like already mention is more complex,
then mode only need to be activate to get this error message is not working.

Kich

Quote from: albertlast on April 04, 2018, 07:13:46 AMI tested the maintenance mode in my dev env,
ther i saw no issue.
So the issue like already mention is more complex,
then mode only need to be activate to get this error message is not working.
Thanks for the feedback.

Yeah, as I searched before, nobody reported the same issue (I suppose the problem is not in the SMF itself, then). That leaves the problem to the host, I guess? I can't find the cause. Already opened two tickets with Hostgator, but no solution yet.

vbgamer45

Community Suite for SMF - Take your forum to the next level built for SMF, Gallery,Store,Classifieds,Downloads,more!

SMFHacks.com -  Paid Modifications for SMF

Mods:
EzPortal - Portal System for SMF
SMF Gallery Pro
SMF Store SMF Classifieds Ad Seller Pro

vbgamer45

Community Suite for SMF - Take your forum to the next level built for SMF, Gallery,Store,Classifieds,Downloads,more!

SMFHacks.com -  Paid Modifications for SMF

Mods:
EzPortal - Portal System for SMF
SMF Gallery Pro
SMF Store SMF Classifieds Ad Seller Pro

Advertisement: