how do I compress or reduce my database size

Started by comesee, April 06, 2018, 06:04:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

comesee

how do I compress or reduce my database size

vbgamer45

How big is it? Generally I would look at unimportant logs like your error_log for smf

In SMF there is a forum maintenance option to clean unimportant logs
Community Suite for SMF - Take your forum to the next level built for SMF, Gallery,Store,Classifieds,Downloads,more!

SMFHacks.com -  Paid Modifications for SMF

Mods:
EzPortal - Portal System for SMF
SMF Gallery Pro
SMF Store SMF Classifieds Ad Seller Pro

comesee

GigaWatt

You want to compress it and use it (load it in a database engine) or just compress it for offline storage (backup)?

The second one is easy. I'd suggest a 7z archive, but a simple zip or a gzip archive will also be a good choice ;). The size reduction varies, but usually, it's not above 30 or 40% of the original size. My database compressed in zip is around 20% of it's original file size.
"This is really a generic concept about human thinking - when faced with large tasks we're naturally inclined to try to break them down into a bunch of smaller tasks that together make up the whole."

"A 500 error loosely translates to the webserver saying, "WTF?"..."

Kindred

How big is it? Why do you want to compress it?
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

Advertisement: