News:

Bored?  Looking to kill some time?  Want to chat with other SMF users?  Join us in IRC chat or Discord

Main Menu

2.1 beta 4 - removing attachments

Started by djoos5, April 06, 2018, 11:13:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

djoos5

Howdy!

The new version of SMF seems to have removed the old file attachment management on a post. How do I remove an attachment from my post?

I looked in the electronic manual, but it is the old system:

QuoteAttachments - If enabled, this feature allows users to attach files to their posts in the same way as most e-mail clients. Users simply have to browse to the relevant files on their computer before selecting Post. Multiple attachments, up to the limit set by the administrator, can be added to a single post by selecting the Additional Attachments link. Users can delete their attachments or add more by modifying their posts. The permitted file types and sizes are set by the forum administrator. Some forums may display image attachments in line with the post or show them as thumbnails below the post.

Thanks!

landyvlad

Bottom RHS of post click more.. then click modify.
click 'attachments and other options' drop down.

Each attachment should have a delete this attachment button.
Click on said button.
The click save.

Or at least that is how it worked in 2.1.beta3  I haven't installed beta 4 at this time.
"Put as much effort into your question as you'd expect someone to give in an answer"

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with questions on astrophysics or theology.  You will get better and faster responses by asking homeless people in the street. Thank you.

Be the person your dog thinks you are.

djoos5

Thanks!

There had been a bug in my installation upgrade and the options were not there. I erased the forum software completely and did a fresh installation.

Advertisement: