News:

SMF 2.1.4 has been released! Take it for a spin! Read more.

Main Menu

Anti-spam

Started by Bigguy, April 07, 2018, 09:13:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bigguy

I have been playin with registration on my site with different questions and such. My questions are not showing up and neither is the image verification. I get an error in the log:

GenericControls.template.php (Line 240)

I have not checked that line yet so i have no idea what it does. I had image verification on and questions and recaptcha I will try to get a screen shot if I can.

Bigguy

Steve

Does this happen in more than one browser?
DO NOT pm me for support!

Bigguy

I just tried it in Sea Monkey browser and it's the same thing.

Bigguy

Line 235 to 252 is this:

// Where in the question array is this question?
            $qIndex = $verify_context['show_visual'] ? $i - 1 : $i;

echo '
                <div class="smalltext">
                    ', $verify_context['questions'][$qIndex]['q'], ':<br>
                    <input type="text" name="', $verify_id, '_vv[q][', $verify_context['questions'][$qIndex]['id'], ']" size="30" value="', $verify_context['questions'][$qIndex]['a'], '" ', $verify_context['questions'][$qIndex]['is_error'] ? 'style="border: 1px red solid;"' : '', ' tabindex="', $context['tabindex']++, '" required>
                </div>';
        }

if ($display_type != 'single')
            echo '
            </div><!-- #verification_control_[i] -->';

// If we were displaying just one and we did it, break.
        if ($display_type == 'single' && $verify_context['tracking'] == $i)
            break;
    }

Illori

what is the full error? just telling us there is an error on line xyz does not tell us what the system says the error actually is.

Bigguy

I understand that. I thought that posting the code someone may have been able to spot the error. That's all. I will get the error next time I turn it on and try to register and post here.

Bigguy

Hmm, seems there isn't one in the error log. I'll check in cpanel. Nothing there either.

Bigguy

When I try to add a question the box is there for the answer but no question.

Bigguy

OK, now there is an error when I turn on questions. It is:

Type of error: Undefined
  8: Undefined offset: 1  https://www.whatsurbeef.net/index.php?action=signup
file=L2hvbWUvd2hhdHN1cmJlZWYvcHVibGljX2h0bWwvVGhlbWVzL2RlZmF1bHQvR2VuZXJpY0NvbnRyb2xzLnRlbXBsYXRlLnBocA==;line=241]/home/public_html/Themes/default/GenericControls.template.php (Line 241)

Bigguy

I figured it out. Don't worry about this one. Completely my fault. Sorry to waste your time.

Advertisement: