are users anonymous?

Started by joehark, April 08, 2018, 08:23:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

joehark

Is there some place in the docs that explains user anonymity? Can they remain anonymous even from each other?

landyvlad

"Put as much effort into your question as you'd expect someone to give in an answer"

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with questions on astrophysics or theology.  You will get better and faster responses by asking homeless people in the street. Thank you.

Be the person your dog thinks you are.

joehark

Anonymous in the sense that only The forum or a sufficiently authorized moderator knows the identity, meaning the true name and email address of any member. Members of the board that I wish to create will want assurance that their identity is not known or available to other members.

Kindred

That depends on what they use for a username.

After all, if my  display name is "Joe Schmoe", and that's actually my real name - then people can see my real name.
However, as my display name is "Kindred" - you have no idea what my real name is.

As a user here, you can look at my profile...
you can not see my username
you can not see my realname (because it's not listed anywhere on this site at all)
You can not see my IP address
You can not see my email address
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

joehark

joehark

I should have asked, if I allow buddy lists, do their real email addresses remain cloaked from each other?

Kindred

yes.

please read the online manual and you can/should probably install a test version to play around with
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

Advertisement: