SMF & GDPR Personally Identifiable Information

Started by kitz, April 11, 2018, 01:35:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Si6776

Quote from: vbgamer45 on May 18, 2018, 06:47:13 PM
I see the issue. I guess could let no limit....Just was doing for server load reasons

So, if I understand correctly, the ranges cover the whole forum?  Is there any way to make the Export tool only link to the specific member's posts?

vbgamer45

Community Suite for SMF - Take your forum to the next level built for SMF, Gallery,Store,Classifieds,Downloads,more!

SMFHacks.com -  Paid Modifications for SMF

Mods:
EzPortal - Portal System for SMF
SMF Gallery Pro
SMF Store SMF Classifieds Ad Seller Pro

petewadey

I've installed this great mod, and sent email to all my 1000+ members asking them to sign on and except the agreement.
I was thinking whoever signs on since installing the mod have agreed, but notice on the who's on line, that a lot of members are just viewing the gpdr. This clocks them up as being on line, but not necessarily excepting the agreement.
How do I know when someone accepts?

akalebic

Quote from: akalebic on May 17, 2018, 09:37:07 AM
Quote from: vbgamer45 on May 17, 2018, 09:32:44 AM
Is there anything that I am missing from my addon?

Where I can see your add-on in action?

Maybe someone asked but how the member exports own data? I couldn't find it...

Si6776

Quote from: akalebicMaybe someone asked but how the member exports own data? I couldn't find it...

It's in the member's own profile.

akalebic

Quote from: Si6776 on May 19, 2018, 07:50:00 AM
Quote from: akalebicMaybe someone asked but how the member exports own data? I couldn't find it...

It's in the member's own profile.

I already figured out that I had unchecked option that member can modify the profile.. Now when is enabled it works.. However thanks a lot.   ;)

busymouse

Quote from: vbgamer45 on April 29, 2018, 03:41:30 PM
GPDR Helper For SMF 2.0.x

Warning does not guarantee GPDR compliance. No warranty provided.

Includes:
Allows member to export their data. Their profile and post information
On member deletion clears IP address and email from posts and assigns a new username to all old posts.
Includes a privacy policy page, adds link in the footer e and adds a section for consent on registration
Stores the date/time that the privacy policy was changed and option to force to reagree
Stores the date/time that the registration agreement was changed and option to force to reagree

Danke! Thx!  8)
"Tu erst das Notwendige, dann das Mögliche, und plötzlich schaffst du das Unmögliche..." (Franz von Assisi, 1182-1226)

petewadey

Quote from: vbgamer45 on May 02, 2018, 08:03:51 AM
Yes in the database there are fields in the smf_themes table
gpdr_policydate - privacy policy date
gpdr_agreementdate - member agreement date

Can anyone point me to this Database please? Is it in CPanel or Admin on SMF?

vbgamer45

Cpanel phpmyadmin stored as a unix timestamp
Community Suite for SMF - Take your forum to the next level built for SMF, Gallery,Store,Classifieds,Downloads,more!

Mods:
SMF Gallery Pro

petewadey

I've gone Cpanel>MyAdmin>Databases>SMF>Themes.> and can't find gdpr? Am I close or miles away?

Shambles

Miles away.

It's a direct menu item in the ACP

petewadey

Thanks for letting me know I'm miles away, but ACP? Please someone just tell me and others in simple terms how to access this data. > > > >etc.
Thanks

Si6776

Is there a way to untick the box in all member's profiles to receive Newsletters, etc, so that they have to opt-in again for these? 

I was under the impression that this was one of the main criteria of GDPR, but there seems to be some confusion, as previously mentioned in this thread, as many companies seem to be saying that previous consent still stands, as long as an opt-out option is clearly offered.  I'd like to remain on the safe side though, and have all members opt-in again if they choose to, if it's not too much hassle. 

akalebic

Quote from: petewadey on May 19, 2018, 02:22:03 PM
Thanks for letting me know I'm miles away, but ACP? Please someone just tell me and others in simple terms how to access this data. > > > >etc.
Thanks

ACP stands for Administrator Control Panel... So open the administration root tab (dont open sub items in menu) and it should be shown under as sub options between Configuration and Forum option...

hugbear

Quote from: Si6776 on May 19, 2018, 02:27:21 PM
Is there a way to untick the box in all member's profiles to receive Newsletters, etc, so that they have to opt-in again for these?
Admin -> Main -> News and Newsletters... -> Newsletters -> Advanced -> Override Notification Settings

or

Admin -> Features and Options -> Allow users to disable announcements (although I don't think this would reset the override for those that already opted out of receiving news but likely it would rather prevent future opting out)

Si6776

Quote from: hugbear on May 19, 2018, 04:34:37 PM
Quote from: Si6776 on May 19, 2018, 02:27:21 PM
Admin -> Main -> News and Newsletters... -> Newsletters -> Advanced -> Override Notification Settings

or

Admin -> Features and Options -> Allow users to disable announcements (although I don't think this would reset the override for those that already opted out of receiving news but likely it would rather prevent future opting out)

Thanks, I'd missed that, but...

The Override Notification Settings says underneath it: "Send this to members even if they have chosen not to receive announcements."  So, that's not really want I want to do, as all that implies that it does is send to people even if they've unticked the box.

Unticking all the Membergroups in the non-Advanced bit seems to only govern who should receive Newsletters, but that then wouldn't give anyone the option to opt-in, would it?   What I want to do is untick the option in all member's profiles, so they have to re-tick it to opt back in.   :-\

Kindred

There is no way to do that without a direct database edit
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

Si6776

Quote from: Kindred on May 19, 2018, 05:21:13 PM
There is no way to do that without a direct database edit

OK, in which case, I guess we're hoping that won't be a requirement, and that 'pre-consent' can stick after GDPR.

petewadey

Quote from: akalebic on May 19, 2018, 02:44:33 PM
Quote from: petewadey on May 19, 2018, 02:22:03 PM
Thanks

ACP stands for Administrator Control Panel... So open the administration root tab (dont open sub items in menu) and it should be shown under as sub options between Configuration and Forum option...

If you mean the GDPR Helper tab, that doesn't tell me who has excepted the agreement? Where do I find that?

vbgamer45

There isn't a place in the frontend at the moment.

Mods:
SMF Gallery Pro

Advertisement: