News:

SMF 2.1.4 has been released! Take it for a spin! Read more.

Main Menu

SMF & GDPR Personally Identifiable Information

Started by kitz, April 11, 2018, 01:35:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Alabu

Thank you very much for your fantastic Mod  ;)

Please, how can I use a different language instead of english without modifying mod source files? I have created gdpr.spanish_es-utf8.php into the languages folder and privacypolicy.spanish_es-utf8.txt in root folder but the traslation take no effect.

vbgamer45

I had a miss spelling make sure the file starts with gpdr. and also modify your modifications.*.php file
Community Suite for SMF - Take your forum to the next level built for SMF, Gallery,Store,Classifieds,Downloads,more!

SMFHacks.com -  Paid Modifications for SMF

Mods:
EzPortal - Portal System for SMF
SMF Gallery Pro
SMF Store SMF Classifieds Ad Seller Pro

vbgamer45

Minor update you can install over the old one.

!Minor language update
+Checks for SSL if not adds a warning
+Version check now includes link to download new version
Community Suite for SMF - Take your forum to the next level built for SMF, Gallery,Store,Classifieds,Downloads,more!

Mods:
SMF Gallery Pro

Alabu

Thanks!!!

I am going to install and verify the language issue

lurkalot

vbgamer45  These actions are still showing the incorrect spelling

action=gpdr;sa=privacypolicy
action=gpdr;sa=privacypolicy;reagree=1
action=gpdr;sa=registeragreement;reagree=1
etc.

Si6776

I don't think this is anything to do with the mod, but I changed my Registration Agreement in the ACP and have now got a blank panel where the agreement text should be.  The agreement still shows in 'agreement.txt' in the files, and the new RA seems to work and shows to members - it just doesn't show in the ACP.  Any ideas?

bayonetbrant

Quote from: petb on May 14, 2018, 04:04:55 PM
Since the IP address for the operation of the forum is not mandatory (?) It should not be stored at all.
Why does the forum need the IP?

What if the forum has specific rules in the TOS about sock puppets / spam posts / banned users, and you need to maintain the IP records to demonstrate repeated lack of compliance to that TOS?

I can see IP's being useful in the long run to help ID users who repeatedly try to participate after being banned, and maintaining them to help justify action against those problems.

Moreover, IP addresses can become an matter for criminal proceedings if you ever had someone making threats online, and the legal authorities need information to build a pattern of activity and might need to this IPs to establish timelines for certain people's behavior. 

Not everything resolves itself within a 1-year timeline.

Louis

The legitimate reasons to store and use personal data are all included in article 6 of the GDPR:
QuoteLawfulness of processing
(1) Processing shall be lawful only if and to the extent that at least one of the following applies:

(a) the data subject has given consent to the processing of his or her personal data for one or more specific purposes;
(b) processing is necessary for the performance of a contract to which the data subject is party or in order to take steps at the request of the data subject prior to entering into a contract;
(c) processing is necessary for compliance with a legal obligation to which the controller is subject;
(d) processing is necessary in order to protect the vital interests of the data subject or of another natural person;
(e) processing is necessary for the performance of a task carried out in the public interest or in the exercise of official authority vested in the controller;
(f) processing is necessary for the purposes of the legitimate interests pursued by the controller or by a third party, except where such interests are overridden by the interests or fundamental rights and freedoms of the data subject which require protection of personal data, in particular where the data subject is a child.
I'd say that storing IP addresses and using them to protect the website against abuse, spam, etc. is covered under the last point.
It is your mind that creates this world (Buddha)

Louis

Quote from: vbgamer45 on May 20, 2018, 09:13:08 PM
Minor update you can install over the old one.
Does it support multiple languages for the privacy policy?
It is your mind that creates this world (Buddha)

vbgamer45

Mods:
SMF Gallery Pro

bobybc

It seems that it installs only on default theme and does not support others?

Shambles

Works perfectly fine on all my themes. Just because there's no specific "theme selector" during the installation phase doesn't mean it excludes non-default themes.

akalebic

Quote from: Shambles on May 22, 2018, 03:14:19 AM

Works perfectly fine on all my themes. Just because there's no specific "theme selector" during the installation phase doesn't mean it excludes non-default themes.

Check the logs! I had some errors there regarding the installation and I worked out the problems. Afterwards everything is smooth...

SpacePhoenix

Over the last few days I've noticed a lot of sites have come up again with the "we need your permission to store cookies" pop-ups, don't recall seeing any mention of personal data on the pop-ups but I suspect that most will have updated their terms and conditions pages on their sites

Si6776

I'm getting lots of emails from companies asking if they can keep sending emails.  If I ignore them (so, not giving consent), they send another, and another...  I'm fairly sure this is illegal now, but I think it will certainly break GDPR rules after Friday. 

petb

Quote from: Ravey76 on May 10, 2018, 08:31:16 AM
Great work, vbgamer45! Thanks a lot for it, it comes just in time

In case someone needs a GERMAN translation of it - here it is ...

By the way, "General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR)" means in german "Datenschutz-Grundverordnung (DSGVO)"
... just in case you want to change the name of your app for the german users
Is this still functional and complete?

And how to use ist?
Replace the english-utf8.php or something to add in the install section of the mod?

vbgamer45

Yes I would just make a copy of the language files and change the language extension on it

Mods:
SMF Gallery Pro

petb

But then the english users have to read the German words?

vbgamer45

Not if you make a copy of the file and just add the language. So you would do gpdr.gemeran-utf8.php
And also have gpdr.english-utf8.php

Mods:
SMF Gallery Pro

petb

Very sorry if i understood something wrong.

Just to copy the gdpr.german-utf8.php anywhere in the forum?
Or what exactly i have to do?

I'm sorry if I annoy you.

Advertisement: