News:

Bored?  Looking to kill some time?  Want to chat with other SMF users?  Join us in IRC chat or Discord

Main Menu

Search doesn't work.

Started by SaidJan, April 11, 2018, 08:11:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SaidJan

I get this error when I search the forum with any user other than Admin user in my forum. For the user it shows "No result".
How to fix it?

Type of error: Database
Error in database: Access denied for user '******'@'192.168.0.%' to database '*********'
http://********.com/index.php?action=search2
/home/vol1_1/****/****/*****/htdocs/Sources/Search.php (Line 1235)

Bigguy

What version of 2.1 are you using. My search works fine. I am running the latest version from github.

SaidJan

Illori

does this happen everytime or sometimes? have you been able to duplicate it since you posted about this?

Suki

Most likely the user hes using to connect to the DB doesn't have the permission/privilege to create temporary tables.
Disclaimer: unless otherwise stated, all my posts are personal and does not represent any views or opinions held by Simple Machines.

SaidJan

Quote from: Illori on April 12, 2018, 02:59:06 PM
does this happen everytime or sometimes? have you been able to duplicate it since you posted about this?

Yes, it happens everytime.

The message is:
Database Error
Please try again. If you come back to this error screen, report the error to an administrator.

@suki, so how can I fix it?

d3vcho

Quote from: Suki on April 12, 2018, 03:03:26 PM
Most likely the user hes using to connect to the DB doesn't have the permission/privilege to create temporary tables.

Can you check if the user you're using to connect to the DB has the right permissions? You'll probably find that in your Cpanel/similar. You can ask to your host if you have any problems looking for it.
"Greeting Death as an old friend, they departed this life as equals"

SaidJan

Quote from: d3vcho(void) on April 19, 2018, 06:02:07 AM
Quote from: Suki on April 12, 2018, 03:03:26 PM

Can you check if the user you're using to connect to the DB has the right permissions? You'll probably find that in your Cpanel/similar. You can ask to your host if you have any problems looking for it.

I guess suki is right, I enabled the log, and it's showing me this message:
CREATE TEMPORARY TABLE mywebsite_tmp_log_search_topics (
id_topic int NOT NULL default '0',
PRIMARY KEY (id_topic)
) ENGINE=MEMORY

How do I give permission to the user in cpanel? Should I look for "similar" in cpanel? I didn't see it.

shawnb61

To update MySQL DB user privileges in cPanel...

In cPanel, click on your MySQL Databases icon.  Scroll down to 'Current Databases'.  There will be a column for 'Privileged Users'.  Click on the Privileged User for the DB in question.  You will then be able to edit the specific privileges for that user/DB. 

Short & sweet video:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ipwYc21iZXg
Address the process rather than the outcome.  Then, the outcome becomes more likely.   - Fripp

Advertisement: