Default font when posting

Started by Kathryn_, April 12, 2018, 05:31:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kathryn_

I have followed tutorials on here and tried and tried again with the three themes I use and nothing...It sure would make it easier if I could post with the default font.. I configured the index CSS default and the others as this:

themes/default/index.css/.post, .personalmessage
{
   overflow: auto;
   line-height: 1.4em;
   padding: 0.1em 0;
   font-size: 12px;
        font-family: "Trebuchet MS";
}

There are no changes on any skins ... I have over 500 posts to get the font bigger ... Google sent me a message in my console that the font is too small and the downloads too close... I am still uploading from my last forum and would appreciate your help or suggestions on this..
Thank you

Bigguy

Looks like you edited the font for personal messages ....I think and just what goes into the post area, not actually the posted message. There is a place in the index.css file that governs all the font and size. I think it is up near the top but I can't put my finger on it without downloading and opening a file.....Look for font in index.css and see if that changes anything.

Illori

can you post a link to your forum so we can see the issue and possibly offer better advise?

Kathryn_

oops....I meant to do that sorry:

https://top-books.net 

Here is the exact change I made :

/* Posts and personal messages displayed throughout the forum. */
.post, .personalmessage
{
        font-family: "trebuchet ms";
}

Thank you

Bigguy

This should be the place but people will correct me if I am wrong, top of the file:

body {
    background:url(https://www.whatsurbeef.net/Themes/Vision/images/bgstatic.jpg) #5380ad;
    background-attachment: fixed;
    background-size: auto 100%;
    font: 83.33%/150% "Segoe UI", "Helvetica Neue", "Nimbus Sans L", Arial, "Liberation Sans", sans-serif;
    color: #4d4d4d;
    display: flex;
    flex-direction: column;
    min-height: 100vh;
}

Bigguy

Mine might be a touch different but it should still be were I said it was. It will just look a bit different.

Kathryn_

Thank you I know where you are in the template... its crazy now... the post shows the font when I am writing it but when its on the index it is so tiny!!  I will try that now  Thanks again

I did remove the edits I did made a couple changes to the body that I referenced from you Bigguy and it is now what I want ... Thank you so very much!! ;D

Bigguy

Your more than welcome. I'm just glad I could help. :)

Kathryn_

Know what I think I have an error on the site somewhere though.... not all the post show that way .. I don.t know where to look

Bigguy

Look in the error logs of the admin center. What is the error. ??

Kathryn_

I checked errors and there aren't any errors listed.. Here is exactly my problem, the font on the index increased and went to the font I named, the subforums too, when I actually write the post itself , the font is correct, when posted the size is too small still

Bigguy

You may have been right in your first post now that I see things. Did you clear your forum cache and browser cache after making the change to this area of your templates css file:

themes/default/index.css/.post, .personalmessage
{
        font-family: "Trebuchet MS";
}

You need to make the changes in YOUR THEMES css file though not the default as you have listed.

Kathryn_

I took that out because it was too big in the post area    that is not the correct place it needs to be somewhere on the display template php... I just am not comfortable changing lines if I am not sure..

Bigguy

What do you mean you took that out. ??

Kathryn_

I had that in my template, I originally had that configuration and then it only changed the post area but when posted it defaults to 8pt See on my first  post.

this is after the  configuration you so generously provided me...

https://top-books.net/romance/wuthering-heights/

I cleared cache too

Now I removed it and the font is bigger but still too small... that is why I think I have some sort of a problem with the form.. It operates fine but just won't allow me that one thing so I guess I will have to take more time and do that when I post set the font size

Bigguy

Maybe someone else will jump in. I thought that would do it but I guess i missed something. Sorry about that.

Illori

to be honest i dont see any issues with the font size you are using. i think google is wrong about your font size being too small.

Kathryn_

Something else i though of is mods.. maybe boilerplates are the problem as I use them. I will try tomorrow since its race day in our home and it will be hard for me to get anything done on here. Thank you Bigguy and Illori  One question for Illori, may I ask where you viewed the font on the post? because if you went in featured books those are manually set to 11 inch font... most other sizes are default in other areas  Yes Google can be very wrong at times too

Bigguy

I've never heard of google telling anyone that.

Kathryn_

Yes they put it in my webmaster console.. "Font too small on posts, links too close together"..

But at any rate , now I uninstalled a mod .. the gallery, and now my links are larger than the font in the post , my next step is to eliminate the boilerplate entries on a post and see if that makes a difference.

Advertisement: