Supress: "Last Edit: Today at 01:42 by Damon"

Started by Cov, April 12, 2018, 08:38:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cov

Hello,

is there a way to supress the following lable when a comment has been edited?

Quote"Last Edit: Today at 01:42 by Damon"

Meaning, members can edit their comments as often as they want, without getting lables like the one above.

Thanks a lot!

Kindred

https://wiki.simplemachines.org/smf/SMF2.0:Themes_and_Layout

Show last modification date on modified posts - If ticked, this will cause a note to be written in each modified post, which will state the name of the member who modified it and the time of modification.
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

Cov

Thanks for the pointer. I went to: "Theme Options and Preferences", but the settings available are very limited, compared to the list you've linked to:

• Logo image URL
  • Site slogan
  • Select default smiley set for this theme
  • Enable random news line in the forum header
  • Show news fader on board index
  • Fading delay between items for the news fader
  • Number of recent posts to display on board index
  • Show statistics on board index
  • Show latest member on board index
  • Show group key on board index
  • Show who is viewing the board index and posts
  • OG Image

That's all.
The theme in use is called: "SMF Default Theme - Curve2"

Edit: I just found the box: "Show last modification date on modified posts" @ Manage Posts and Topics > Topic Settings > 10th option from the top

Problem solved :D

Thanks a lot!

Kindred

Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

Confuzzled

OK, digging up an old thread.  Using 2.0.15 and I found the place to enable or disable by check box.

But can I edit the time before this notice appears?  I'd like to allow something like 5 minutes without the notice showing.

Kindred

Слaва
Украинi

Shambles

br360

Quote from: Confuzzled on February 16, 2019, 04:29:57 PM
OK, digging up an old thread.  Using 2.0.15 and I found the place to enable or disable by check box.

But can I edit the time before this notice appears?  I'd like to allow something like 5 minutes without the notice showing.

Yes, you can do that. Go to Admin>Posts and Topics> Post Settings.

Then look for Courtesy edit wait time and change it whatever time you want.

Like earlier said though, this is the 2.1 support board. Any 2.0.x questions should be asked there ;)

Advertisement: