News:

SMF 2.1.4 has been released! Take it for a spin! Read more.

Main Menu

how to remove SMF from upper right

Started by joehark, April 13, 2018, 11:48:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

joehark

I want to remove or replace this totally from the upper right corner of every page. I know how to do that in the code (http://auditionmonitor.com/Themes/default/images/smflogo.png) but if there's a way to do it in Admin, I'd perefer that.

Suggestions, please? 

Kindred

Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

joehark

First, thank you for your response. Yes, I have read that section of the manual. Not every issue one encounters is in the manual. While I understand that many people do not read it, and then ask questions that are covered there. Please do not assume I do not.

Perhaps my question needs to be more clear. Please look at auditionmonitors.com. You will notice I have created and installed a logo to the left side of the top banner. I have not found any way described in the manual to completely remove the logo and its alt text on the right side of that banner.

Can you suggest a way, in the Admin panel, to do that?

Shambles

Quote from: joehark
Please look at auditionmonitors.com

Firstly, that website doesn't exist. Did you mean auditionmonitor.com ?

If so, you need to replace auditionmonitor.com/Themes/core/images/smflogo.gif with your own, covered in the linked manual as "Logo image URL - "

lurkalot

Or you can remove (make it invisible) simply by replacing it with a small transparent gif, such as the one attached to this post.

You'll need to press Ctrl+F5 on your keyboard to see the changes.

Kindred

Or you can add a site slogan as I described in my first message and as explained in the manual
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

Colin

Welcome to SMF,

Here is also a mod that does that too:

http://custom.simplemachines.org/mods/index.php?mod=2383

Let us know if you have any other questions.
"If everybody is thinking alike, then somebody is not thinking." - Gen. George S. Patton Jr.

Colin

Sir Osis of Liver

Hmm, that's interesting.  The css id for the logo is img#smflogo, which doesn't exist in /Themes/core/css/index.css, but if you change it in /Themes/default/css/index.css to this -

#siteslogan, img#smflogo
{
margin: 0;
padding: 0;
float: right;
line-height: 3em;
display: none;
}

smflogo disappears.  Always thought it was all or nothing, theme would use its own index.css, disregard default.  Apparently not.
Ashes and diamonds, foe and friend,
 we were all equal in the end.

- R. Waters

joehark

Sincere thanks to those who replied, and especially to the one that offered the fix that works.

There is nothing in the Admin panel that allows removal of that item and deleting the logo graphic only forces the alt tag.

But the answer (not found in the manual at all) is a simple one, which I appreciate. I replaced the smflogo.png file with a transparent gif of the same name.

Colin

"If everybody is thinking alike, then somebody is not thinking." - Gen. George S. Patton Jr.

Colin

lurkalot

Quote from: joehark on April 15, 2018, 09:21:13 PM
Sincere thanks to those who replied, and especially to the one that offered the fix that works.

There is nothing in the Admin panel that allows removal of that item and deleting the logo graphic only forces the alt tag.

But the answer (not found in the manual at all) is a simple one, which I appreciate. I replaced the smflogo.png file with a transparent gif of the same name.

You're welcome.  Glad it worked for you.  ;)

Advertisement: