News:

Want to get involved in developing SMF, then why not lend a hand on our github!

Main Menu

Images in IMG tags and no-ip.org

Started by GL700Wing, April 15, 2018, 07:12:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GL700Wing

I have a member who uses no-ip.org as a redirect for their domain to their server.

However, when the member uses IMG tags with the redirected url (eg, http://gryphen.no-ip.org:8087/drupal/uploads/2018/04/image1.jpeg) images do not display - is there a workaround I can implement for this?

Sample of non-displaying image in IMG tag:

BTW: I have tested the above image link in IMG tags on a XenForo and vBulletin forums and it displays correctly.
Life doesn't have to be perfect to be wonderful ...

Slava
Ukraini!
"Before you allow people access to your forum, especially in an administrative position, you must be aware that that person can seriously damage your forum. Therefore, you should only allow people that you trust, implicitly, to have such access." -Douglas

GigaWatt

Maybe the port number is the problem? Have you tried any other link that uses a port number in the URL?
"This is really a generic concept about human thinking - when faced with large tasks we're naturally inclined to try to break them down into a bunch of smaller tasks that together make up the whole."

"A 500 error loosely translates to the webserver saying, "WTF?"..."

GL700Wing

Quote from: GigaWatt on April 15, 2018, 07:58:49 PM
Maybe the port number is the problem? Have you tried any other link that uses a port number in the URL?
No - but I think I've just discovered the image displays correctly when the image proxy is disabled ...

Slava
Ukraini!
"Before you allow people access to your forum, especially in an administrative position, you must be aware that that person can seriously damage your forum. Therefore, you should only allow people that you trust, implicitly, to have such access." -Douglas

Colin

The port number could still be the issue :). Remember that the image proxy actually has to follow that URL, plus the redirects. There will be fixes for this in 2.0.16.
"If everybody is thinking alike, then somebody is not thinking." - Gen. George S. Patton Jr.

Colin

GL700Wing

Quote from: Colin on April 16, 2018, 12:11:31 AM
The port number could still be the issue :). Remember that the image proxy actually has to follow that URL, plus the redirects. There will be fixes for this in 2.0.16.
Thanks - good to know SMF 2.0.16 is in the pipeline!

Slava
Ukraini!

Advertisement: