Advertisement:

Author Topic: SMF 2.0.15 Enable Global Mods to Ban  (Read 164 times)

Offline paramudduck

• Semi-Newbie
SMF 2.0.15 Enable Global Mods to Ban
« on: April 14, 2018, 11:36:33 AM »
Setting up a new 2.0.15 board. For some reason I can't allow the Global mods to ban people.

I don't know if I've brain farted how to do it or if I've accidentally wiped a permission setting while on the phone.

Looked at the wiki and didn't see what I needed.

Offline Illori

• Project Manager
  • SMF Master
Re: SMF 2.0.15 Enable Global Mods to Ban
« Reply #1 on: April 14, 2018, 02:45:10 PM »
have you allowed them the permission to manage ban list?

Offline paramudduck

• Semi-Newbie
« Reply #2 on: April 14, 2018, 02:53:01 PM »
In Member Administration? Yes Manage Ban list,  Moderate and issue warnings are checked.
Unhappy Forum» Administration Center » Permissions » General Permissions is the right area correct?

Offline Illori

• Project Manager
  • SMF Master
« Reply #3 on: April 14, 2018, 05:01:14 PM »
have you actually logged in, in a test account with those permissions to see if it is working correctly?
honestly i would not give a global mod that access, i would enable the post moderation system and let them mute the user and let the admin decide if a ban is necessary.

Offline GigaWatt

• Macedonian electronics forum
« Reply #4 on: April 14, 2018, 05:08:46 PM »
All of my global mods have those permissions. I guess it depends on people and whether you trust them or not.
"This is really a generic concept about human thinking - when faced with large tasks we're naturally inclined to try to break them down into a bunch of smaller tasks that together make up the whole."

Offline paramudduck

• Semi-Newbie
« Reply #5 on: April 14, 2018, 06:42:08 PM »
Tried logging in with two different test accounts. In fact it was the first thing I tried.

No joy with either one. I'll try comparing the settings on this forum with my other forums. Maybe a glitch somewhere.