News:

Wondering if this will always be free?  See why free is better.

Main Menu

SMF 2.0.15 Enable Global Mods to Ban

Started by paramudduck, April 14, 2018, 11:36:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

paramudduck

Setting up a new 2.0.15 board. For some reason I can't allow the Global mods to ban people.

I don't know if I've brain farted how to do it or if I've accidentally wiped a permission setting while on the phone.

Looked at the wiki and didn't see what I needed.

Illori

have you allowed them the permission to manage ban list?

paramudduck

In Member Administration? Yes Manage Ban list,  Moderate and issue warnings are checked.
Unhappy Forum» Administration Center » Permissions » General Permissions is the right area correct?

Illori

have you actually logged in, in a test account with those permissions to see if it is working correctly?
honestly i would not give a global mod that access, i would enable the post moderation system and let them mute the user and let the admin decide if a ban is necessary.

GigaWatt

All of my global mods have those permissions. I guess it depends on people and whether you trust them or not.
"This is really a generic concept about human thinking - when faced with large tasks we're naturally inclined to try to break them down into a bunch of smaller tasks that together make up the whole."

"A 500 error loosely translates to the webserver saying, "WTF?"..."

paramudduck

Tried logging in with two different test accounts. In fact it was the first thing I tried.

No joy with either one. I'll try comparing the settings on this forum with my other forums. Maybe a glitch somewhere.

Aleksi "Lex" Kilpinen

It is possible, and works. My global moderators have access to bans. "Manage ban list" is the permission needed.
Slava
Ukraini!
"Before you allow people access to your forum, especially in an administrative position, you must be aware that that person can seriously damage your forum. Therefore, you should only allow people that you trust, implicitly, to have such access." -Douglas

How you can help SMF

Advertisement: