Changes not taking effect.

Started by TMR Guy, April 14, 2018, 01:00:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TMR Guy

I just installed 2.0.15 on a server that I have another site on (still 2.0.15). When I make a change to the new site such as enabling or disabling a mod, approving a new member, or even making a post it doesn't take (doesn't change). I have to do it 3 or 4 times before it takes effect (works).

Kindred

Ask your host to disable the varnish cache
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

TMR Guy

Quote from: Kindred on April 14, 2018, 03:29:17 PM
Ask your host to disable the varnish cache
SiteGround doesn't have a "varnish cache," they have a supper cacher. It's their in-house design mechanism (their words). I had them disable it but it didn't help. I cleared the cache and cookies on my Firefox browser and that seemed to get rid of about half the problems. When I approve a new member it still shows I have a new member. After a minute or two it will correct itself after I refresh for the 4th or 5th time. Also when I "Mark ALL messages as read" it still shows there are new message.

I'm not having any trouble with my other site on the same server.

Kindred

it really sounds like a caching issue...

We haven't seen issues with caching other than varnish, but it looks like their "in house mechanism" may have some issues (possibly does not allow a full disable?)

are you using cloudflare or anything like that?
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

TMR Guy

Quote from: Kindred on April 21, 2018, 09:45:34 AM
it really sounds like a caching issue...

We haven't seen issues with caching other than varnish, but it looks like their "in house mechanism" may have some issues (possibly does not allow a full disable?)

are you using cloudflare or anything like that?
No, nothing like Cloudflare.

What's odd is I have two sites on the same server and it's just the newly installed one that's giving me trouble. And it's just gives me trouble with my admin account, my regular member account works just fine.

GigaWatt

"This is really a generic concept about human thinking - when faced with large tasks we're naturally inclined to try to break them down into a bunch of smaller tasks that together make up the whole."

"A 500 error loosely translates to the webserver saying, "WTF?"..."

Advertisement: