SOS weird "���" in first page, please help!

Started by alexandergreek, April 16, 2018, 10:57:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

alexandergreek

Hello dear friends
Can you please assist me with my forum? I keep on getting those Questionmarks! (christian-orthodox.gr)
"σε Πρόκειται πε�..."
"σε Τεχνικές οδη�..."
"σε Απ: π.Εφραίμ (�..."
"Στατιστικά Στατιστικά
14 μηνύματα σε 6 θέματα από 3 μέλη.
Τελευταία δημοσίευση: "Απ: π.Εφραίμ (�..." ( Απρίλιος 15, 2018, 03:58:56 μμ )"
Can you help me to remove them? This is GREEK language installed. Thanks a lot!

d3vcho

"Greeting Death as an old friend, they departed this life as equals"

alexandergreek

One of the files says
Who.greek-utf8.php
And the packet's name is
   el_GR.utf8

Also... I can type propertly ALL characters. The ONLY issue is this weird "���"  in first page!!

Any ideas? Thanks in advance

Deaks

yasas alexandergreek, is it just yourself or all your members?  Is this only showing on smf translated text or text that someone else has entered?  Also is their any specific Greek character that is not displaying or is it random.
~~~~
Former SMF Project Manager
Former SMF Customizer

"For as lang as hunner o us is in life, in nae wey
will we thole the Soothron tae owergang us. In truth it isna for glory, or wealth, or
honours that we fecht, but for freedom alane, that nae honest cheil gies up but wi life
itsel."

alexandergreek

Quote from: BryanD on April 17, 2018, 01:09:29 PM
yasas alexandergreek, is it just yourself or all your members?  Is this only showing on smf translated text or text that someone else has entered?  Also is their any specific Greek character that is not displaying or is it random.
Yasou Bryan! Take a look at the image below please

This is "last post at..."
Also I see the same issue when I enter from another account or even from another account + mobile.

It is random characters, not any specific one, that are being replaced with  "���"

In fact you can see for yourself in hxxp:forum.christian-orthodox.gr [nonactive]

it is not showing on smf translated text, it is rather on text like "Last post: .....�"

I appreciate your help!

GigaWatt

I haven't registered on the forum, but I've tried to view what threads are visible as a guest... everything seems to be displaying correctly, haven't seen any question mark symbols.

Are you sure it's not your browser's encoding settings? Have you tried to view the forum with a different browser?
"This is really a generic concept about human thinking - when faced with large tasks we're naturally inclined to try to break them down into a bunch of smaller tasks that together make up the whole."

"A 500 error loosely translates to the webserver saying, "WTF?"..."

Deaks

Ya Alex, so I did a test onmy forum,, installed it using greek language as a base (I speak greek)

Go to Διαχείριση
then to Βάση δεδομένων
under the header Μετατροπή HTML-οντοτήτων σε χαρακτήρες UTF-8 make sure drop down says UTF-8 and then click on the submit button
~~~~
Former SMF Project Manager
Former SMF Customizer

"For as lang as hunner o us is in life, in nae wey
will we thole the Soothron tae owergang us. In truth it isna for glory, or wealth, or
honours that we fecht, but for freedom alane, that nae honest cheil gies up but wi life
itsel."

Advertisement: