Annoying and stupid default setting when CREATING A CALENDAR ENTRY

Started by SMiFFER, April 16, 2018, 04:07:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SMiFFER

When you create a new calendar entry,
it is defaulted to
  • create topic - whereever - ("Link Event To Post")

This is stupid and in 99,99% of the cases absolutely senseless.

How can I switch this annoying default off?
Quote of the day: A troll is an obstinate bloke who only hungers for your attention. If you feed him, he will puke all over you!

GL700Wing

Quote from: SMiFFER on April 16, 2018, 04:07:25 PM
When you create a new calendar entry,
it is defaulted to
  • create topic - whereever - ("Link Event To Post")

How can I switch this annoying default off?
Maybe you should configure the Calendar Settings to 'Allow events not linked to posts' ...
Life doesn't have to be perfect to be wonderful ...

SMiFFER

That is beside the point. I have not been asking to BLOCK/DISABLE an entire function.

Read what I asked: I asked to switch this annoying default off = change its default to UNCHECKED! Any help in that regard?
Quote of the day: A troll is an obstinate bloke who only hungers for your attention. If you feed him, he will puke all over you!

Bigguy

What GL700Wing says is the only way to do it without code edits.

GL700Wing

Quote from: SMiFFER on April 16, 2018, 04:07:25 PM
Maybe to you but not to everyone - I only allow events linked to topics on my forums.

Quote from: SMiFFER on April 18, 2018, 09:08:04 AM
That is beside the point. I have not been asking to BLOCK/DISABLE an entire function.
What I suggested does not block/disable the function but if you don't enable that option you won't be able to have unlinked events even if you do change the checkbox default.

QuoteRead what I asked: I asked to switch this annoying default off = change its default to UNCHECKED! Any help in that regard?
Yep - edit ./Themes/default/Calendar.template.php (around line 202):

Find:
name="link_to_board" checked="checked"

Replace With:
name="link_to_board"

BTW - it's rude to shout - no need to use uppercase to make a point.  We're all volunteers here and a bit of courtesy goes a long way.

SMiFFER

I did not mean to be or sound rude. All I tried was to underline what ACTUALLY is what I asked.
Get a thicker skin, dude.

Back to the subject: I thank you very much and will look into this right away. MANY THANKS! (Again: not rude)

GL700Wing

Quote from: SMiFFER on April 19, 2018, 11:47:24 AM
All I tried was to underline what ACTUALLY is what I asked.
There is an underline BBCode for that ...

SMiFFER

Steve

Quote from: SMiFFER on April 19, 2018, 11:47:24 AMGet a thicker skin, dude.

ACTUALLY, I took your post as being discourteous as well. "Read what I asked" automatically puts people on the defensive. I'm a 20 year sailor so skin doesn't get much thicker than mine. All I'm saying is, think about how you're responding to someone who's trying to help. :)
DO NOT pm me for support!

SMiFFER

Advertisement: