News:

SMF 2.1.4 has been released! Take it for a spin! Read more.

Main Menu

Help With Dual Install of SMF?

Started by OnlyMe69, April 18, 2018, 08:27:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

OnlyMe69

Hi all, we have a number of weird issues now in SMF most likely MOD related, so if I create a new install of SMF on a new area with a new database, set it all up and test, would it be a case of just dropping the tables from one and loading into the other once I'm happy with the setup / themes / mods working etc?

I believe the old one to be too messed up mod wise to work reliably going forwards, as at the moment whenever I try and remove mods it now errors, or completely screws the front end...so I have to restore....

any ideas or suggestions are most welcome!.. this stems from updating to PHP V7 and latest SMF version.  Most things work on in 5.6 of php

Regards Paul.

vbgamer45

Yes you can do that.
I would copy the existing datatabase to a new database.

Upload latest version of SMF to a new directory.
Then copy over the settings.php from your old forum to the new forum. Then change the settings.php database information and paths.
And you can do that with the repair settings tool
What is repair_settings.php?
Community Suite for SMF - Take your forum to the next level built for SMF, Gallery,Store,Classifieds,Downloads,more!

SMFHacks.com -  Paid Modifications for SMF

Mods:
EzPortal - Portal System for SMF
SMF Gallery Pro
SMF Store SMF Classifieds Ad Seller Pro

OnlyMe69

Thanks for the replies. Much appreciated :)

vbgamer45

Glad we can help you can always post back here if you get stuck
Community Suite for SMF - Take your forum to the next level built for SMF, Gallery,Store,Classifieds,Downloads,more!

SMFHacks.com -  Paid Modifications for SMF

Mods:
EzPortal - Portal System for SMF
SMF Gallery Pro
SMF Store SMF Classifieds Ad Seller Pro

Advertisement: