News:

SMF 2.1.4 has been released! Take it for a spin! Read more.

Main Menu

Error: Time offset

Started by Juan Carlos, April 18, 2018, 12:24:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Juan Carlos

I have the forum working perfectly 2.1 (last hithub) and practically without errors but suddenly and every so often these appear.
More than 300. All of the same time and all say time format and time offset
Juan Carlos

Bigguy

I have never seen this error. Mine runs fine but I don't know what you mean about latest either. Did your copy off GH  today ??

Juan Carlos

Juan Carlos

d3vcho

Do you have any clues on how to reproduce that error?
"Greeting Death as an old friend, they departed this life as equals"

Juan Carlos

Not really because the problem is not very frequent.
The only thing I see is that it does not appear with registered users, only with guests.
Juan Carlos

d3vcho

Can you attach your Subs.php file?
"Greeting Death as an old friend, they departed this life as equals"

Sesquipedalian

The image you shared shows the errors being generated by calls to cron.php.

1. Is it only cron.php that results in these errors, or do the errors sometimes also occur when guests access other pages?

2. Are you using a real cron job to run cron.php? (If you aren't sure, the answer is no.)

3. When you go to https://www.cuatrocuatro.com/foro/index.php?action=admin;area=scheduledtasks;sa=settings, is the "Disable JavaScript-based method of running scheduled tasks" setting checked or unchecked?
I promise you nothing.

Sesqu... Sesqui... what?
Sesquipedalian, the best word in the English language.

Sesquipedalian

4. Do you have any mods installed?

5. Can you please post a screenshot of your list of scheduled tasks?

6. Please compare the times when the errors were reported in your error log with the times when your scheduled tasks were run in your task log. That should help us figure out which task is running when these errors occur.
I promise you nothing.

Sesqu... Sesqui... what?

Juan Carlos

First of all, thanks for the help. I'm going to try the answers one by one

1. Yes, its only with cron.php
2. I am not sure
3. Unchecked
4. Mods Installed:
* Downloads System Pro
* SMF Gallery Pro
* Simple Audio Video Embedder
* Elastic EMail for SMF
5. Screenshot attached.

Attached is the subs.php and the screenshot of the scheduled tasks
6. I can not do it now because I delete the log error, I do it the next time it appears
Juan Carlos

Sesquipedalian

This is a bit of a long shot, but have you customized any of your email notification templates?
I promise you nothing.

Sesqu... Sesqui... what?

Juan Carlos

No, I just downloaded the latest version of the github and install it cleanly, then install the mods that appear above (without errors), thats all.
Juan Carlos

Sesquipedalian

The basics problem appears to be that something is calling the timeformat() function from within a scheduled task. That doesn't happen in any of the standard SMF code, so it must be in a mod that you've installed. I've checked Simple Audio Video Embedder and Elastic EMail for SMF, and neither of them look likely to cause this error. But Downloads System Pro and SMF Gallery Pro are both paid mods, so I don't have access to them. It is possible that one or the other of them makes a call to the timeformat() function from within a scheduled task. Try uninstalling one and then the other to see if the errors go away with that mod uninstalled. Then contact the make of whichever one is the culprit for a fix.
I promise you nothing.

Sesqu... Sesqui... what?

Juan Carlos

Thank you for your time.

I will try what you tell me and also I will contact the people of the mods and if I find something I will comment here
Juan Carlos

vbgamer45

There is no scheduled tasks in downloads pro or smf gallery pro.
Community Suite for SMF - Take your forum to the next level built for SMF, Gallery,Store,Classifieds,Downloads,more!

SMFHacks.com -  Paid Modifications for SMF

Mods:
EzPortal - Portal System for SMF
SMF Gallery Pro
SMF Store SMF Classifieds Ad Seller Pro

shawnb61

Another question:  What is the very first error in the log?  Are there any errors in the log other than those two 'undefined index' errors?

Sometimes these errors are secondary...  And it may help to know if there was an originating error.   
Address the process rather than the outcome.  Then, the outcome becomes more likely.   - Fripp

Juan Carlos

No, those are the first errors in the log
Juan Carlos

vbgamer45

Community Suite for SMF - Take your forum to the next level built for SMF, Gallery,Store,Classifieds,Downloads,more!

SMFHacks.com -  Paid Modifications for SMF

Mods:
EzPortal - Portal System for SMF
SMF Gallery Pro
SMF Store SMF Classifieds Ad Seller Pro

Juan Carlos

Juan Carlos

shawnb61

A couple more questions...

Do the error times correspond with any of the execution times for Scheduled Tasks in the Task Log?   (Maintenance | Scheduled Tasks | Task log)

If you run the scheduled tasks manually can you reproduce the error?

Address the process rather than the outcome.  Then, the outcome becomes more likely.   - Fripp

Juan Carlos

Yesterday the error was reproduced.
(359 errors in the log).
The only coincidence I can find is a message posted exactly at that time (two seconds before).
The message is very simple, a small comment.
Juan Carlos

Advertisement: