News:

Wondering if this will always be free?  See why free is better.

Main Menu

Scheduled Tasks not running

Started by SMiFFER, April 19, 2018, 01:55:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SMiFFER

OUCH!

I was not aware till I took at the logs just now... somehow all scheduled tasks are NOT running on my system

It looks as though I did something wrong here, all these tasks have not been run since two months:

Also the mail queue is 400+ mails long, 24+ days. Nothing sent.

What can I do to fix this?

Any idea where to begin? Picture provided to show that the scheduled tasks are switched on indeed!
Quote of the day: A troll is an obstinate bloke who only hungers for your attention. If you feed him, he will puke all over you!

Shambles

First thing to check is the index.php file in your forum root.

Ensure it contains the following code (and that the code isn't commented out):

// Before we get carried away, are we doing a scheduled task? If so save CPU cycles by jumping out!
if (isset($_GET['scheduled']))
{
require_once($sourcedir . '/ScheduledTasks.php');
AutoTask();
}

Aleksi "Lex" Kilpinen

Hi SMiFFER, did you find out the cause for this?
Slava
Ukraini!
"Before you allow people access to your forum, especially in an administrative position, you must be aware that that person can seriously damage your forum. Therefore, you should only allow people that you trust, implicitly, to have such access." -Douglas

How you can help SMF

SMiFFER

Not really.
But I had a backup of the file of course.
So I put the backup in and it all works again.
Quote of the day: A troll is an obstinate bloke who only hungers for your attention. If you feed him, he will puke all over you!

Shambles

Pathetic. So now, you'll never know  ::)

Aleksi "Lex" Kilpinen

Well, it did show the importance of having backups :)
Slava
Ukraini!
"Before you allow people access to your forum, especially in an administrative position, you must be aware that that person can seriously damage your forum. Therefore, you should only allow people that you trust, implicitly, to have such access." -Douglas

How you can help SMF

SMiFFER

Quote from: Shambles on May 09, 2018, 04:19:03 PM
Pathetic. So now, you'll never know  ::)
No need to call it or me pathetic.
I *will* know.
I kept both files and as soon as I have some vacation days I am going to compare them line by line.
Highest priority was to get it fixed.

br360

If you install something like winmerge, you can check the difference in the files in seconds. That way you can actually use your vacation for vacationing ;)

It's what I use to compare files, and it works great- http://winmerge.org/

SMiFFER

You are right, I usually use NOTEPAD PLUS PLUS

Is WinMerge better?

Biology Forums

If you've tried everything and still can't get it to work, you could set up server-side cron-jobs.

Advertisement: