News:

Bored?  Looking to kill some time?  Want to chat with other SMF users?  Join us in IRC chat or Discord

Main Menu

How to restore my old backup?

Started by nadeem34, April 22, 2018, 10:56:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

nadeem34

Hello,
Thanks to simplemachines team they helped me to install fresh files of smf.

I have installed the new smf but how can i resote the old backup to my forum. The backup I already downloaded before installing fresh smf files. Will I restore it from phpmy admin but how?

Note: I have backups available in .TR and .GZ formate
Creative ways to make money fast
https://gotryus.com/

Doug Heffernan

By backup you mean the database backup? You can restore it through phpmyadmin at the Import tab. However, if your backup is large, it might result in time out. In that case it is better to restore it through cpanel or a third party script like mysqldumper.

Sir Osis of Liver

If you exported the db backup in phpmyadmin, you should be able to import it.  If you did it using cpanel backup, there should be a restore option.  You can also ask host support to import the backup if pma chokes on it.
Ashes and diamonds, foe and friend,
 we were all equal in the end.

- R. Waters

Aleksi "Lex" Kilpinen

Slava
Ukraini!

"Before you allow people access to your forum, especially in an administrative position, you must be aware that that person can seriously damage your forum. Therefore, you should only allow people that you trust, implicitly, to have such access." -Douglas

How you can help SMF

landyvlad

supplementary question:
Let's say I do some major work on my site. I first backup ALL of it, including the other directories (photos, attachments, mods etc etc) 
I then muck up the server version with the attachment files and photos corrupted.
How do I then restore the whole thing?
Ta.
(I ask this here rather than a new thread as the answers are, I think, likely to be pertinent.)

Edit: Oops it's also in the link provided . :)
"Put as much effort into your question as you'd expect someone to give in an answer"

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with questions on astrophysics or theology.  You will get better and faster responses by asking homeless people in the street. Thank you.

Be the person your dog thinks you are.

Aleksi "Lex" Kilpinen

Yup, that link has it pretty well covered :)

Further responses were split to here: How to restore my old backup ~ Steve
Slava
Ukraini!

"Before you allow people access to your forum, especially in an administrative position, you must be aware that that person can seriously damage your forum. Therefore, you should only allow people that you trust, implicitly, to have such access." -Douglas

How you can help SMF

Advertisement: